Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we played a better side than that this season?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well have we??

Thought Hudds were superb this evening. Didn't let us settle for a second and were in our face from the word go.

Yes there was an element of luck on each of their goals but you make your own luck in this game and quite frankly if they'd kept up the intensity in the second half they would have had 5 or 6.

Bad night at the office with a trip to another bogey club on Sunday (who were superb the other night against Villa) but then 3 very winnable games.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thought they were excellent and certainly their best performance of the season. Unfortunately we weren't close to our best. Still top and new game on Sunday though

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Fulham at our place in the first half but no, that was our toughest game tonight by a long way over 90 mins. It didn't help that we offered nothing back though. Our goal was an absolute gift to be fair

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That was the best performance against us by a mile. If Hudds kept that up they'd win the league.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Simply the best performance we've come up against for many a season, against opponents in the same division, even more so given our position.

vorsprung der technik

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
No... they came out of the blocks at us and knocked us out of our stride. The die was cast in the first 30 seconds when Bruno got booked! It was clear even then that we were in for a torrid time!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any manager looking on how best to play against the Albion had an instruction manual right there.

Step 1 - buy an entire squad of young quick players
Step 2 - train them into absolute running and stamina machines over pre-season
Step 3 - have loose balls fall your way

Might be tricky for many to have this ready for THIS season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That's the worry. Haven't seen another side with that level of fitness and intensity for 90mins though

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Hmmmm kept it up for about 60 minutes. Still stunning. We've not played anywhere near as good as that EVER as far as I remember

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No... they came out of the blocks at us and knocked us out of our stride. The die was cast in the first 30 seconds when Bruno got booked! It was clear even then that we were in for a torrid time!

What was their average age? They just seemed younger, fitter and faster than us tonight

Reminds me of a 5 aside league game I played in last year... these kids rocked up, sixth formers and we were like; ok, whatever. They destroyed us, fitter, quicker, just better. Too quick, too agile, too good. Us? Too Bruno.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I saw the match without the commentary and it looked to me that we lost the match in the mid field, which was Kayal coming back from a long lay off so not up to speed with a partner I don't think he has ever played with before.

Hats off to Hudds, they were very good but they did get the rub of the green and the ref must live very close to Huddersfield.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
They were easily the best I have seen. Can't understand why they are not higher in the table. They clearly had a brilliant day at the office.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Hmmmm kept it up for about 60 minutes. Still stunning. We've not played anywhere near as good as that EVER as far as I remember
Maybe just felt for 90 as even when they dropped off the pace a little we still didn't have the nous to create anything resembling a chance

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I saw the match without the commentary and it looked to me that we lost the match in the mid field, which was Kayal coming back from a long lay off so not up to speed with a partner I don't think he has ever played with before.

Hats off to Hudds, they were very good but they did get the rub of the green and the ref must live very close to Huddersfield.

Didn't ref come from Isle of Wight? Probably supports Soton or Bmuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here