Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have we been lucky this season?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Just wondered? % wise have we got away with it more than last season re balance of play, shots to goal etc?

I have no basis in fact (as ever!), but I feel like we've winged it a bit more this year, whereas last we seemed to 'boss' more of our games.

Have our back 5 covered for failings further up field? In particular Dunk, Duffy and Stockdale? One thing is certain, no one team owned us to that degree last season! See Fulham too, and those moments against a poor QPR team...

Thoughts?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We only bossed games in the last few months, it took till the new year for us to win a game by more than one goal.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
Just wondered? % wise have we got away with it more than last season re balance of play, shots to goal etc?

I have no basis in fact (as ever!), but I feel like we've winged it a bit more this year, whereas last we seemed to 'boss' more of our games.

Have our back 5 covered for failings further up field? In particular Dunk, Duffy and Stockdale? One thing is certain, no one team owned us to that degree last season! See Fulham too, and those moments against a poor QPR team...

Thoughts?

Cardiff away last season was pretty dire! We can bounce back again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Have we been lucky this season?

No:

2017-01-28-ch-sparklines.png

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
We were better to watch, better at dominating the game, better in a lot of ways last season.

But barely had any luck.

This season we've been okay, but very lucky on a lot of occasions, it's not been as exciting to watch this season, however we're in a much better position due to having a superior defence.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We started off playing well but the last 15 games we've been not so good performance wise....just been more clinical that's all :)

Okay - so are we on a steady downward, we've been found out, trend? Or is this the end of that trend and the beginning of a upward curve?

Cripes I hope so.

Does anyone feel, as I do, that during this slide our tempo has dropped to the extent that we're playing 'walkball' ?!? With the occasional jog and sprint, and we're going long from the back much more often, thus squandering possession...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We were better to watch, better at dominating the game, better in a lot of ways last season.

But barely had any luck.

This season we've been okay, but very lucky on a lot of occasions, it's not been as exciting to watch this season, however we're in a much better position due to having a superior defence.

Agreed.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Okay - so are we on a steady downward, we've been found out, trend? Or is this the end of that trend and the beginning of a upward curve?

Cripes I hope so.

Does anyone feel, as I do, that during this slide our tempo has dropped to the extent that we're playing 'walkball' ?!? With the occasional jog and sprint, and we're going long from the back much more often, thus squandering possession...
We've got a superb defence and that's a key ingredient in the championship....We will never really dominate games unlike many clubs but we do counter well.
We're still in great form and we will bounce back I'm sure :)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We've got a superb defence and that's a key ingredient in the championship....We will never really dominate games unlike many clubs but we do counter well.
We're still in great form and we will bounce back I'm sure :)

Yep - I suspect the bounce will come soon enough.

I can still hear the tearing of new ones in the away dressing room as I type.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We're talking about performances not results....results matter though naturally :)

My point entirely. Obviously we've had a superb season of results... ahem... but recently I've started to question our luck + fluke = 3 points ratio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here