Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk better than Lawrenson !!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
In defence of Dunk, the defence was left totally exposed this evening.! The manager played a big part in that with how he set the team up! Dunk, not for the first time put in a challenge born of frustration. He is a local lad who bleeds blue and white and could have easily been playing Prem football by now! He has chosen to stay and help get his team to the promised land and deserves massive credit for that.He is capable of being as good as Lawro but you have to look at all the circumstances.!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In defence of Dunk, the defence was left totally exposed this evening.! The manager played a big part in that with how he set the team up! Dunk, not for the first time put in a challenge born of frustration. He is a local lad who bleeds blue and white and could have easily been playing Prem football by now! He has chosen to stay and help get his team to the promised land and deserves massive credit for that.He is capable of being as good as Lawro but you have to look at all the circumstances.!
Not in the defence of Dunk, he never learns and I also think there's a huge difference between he "could easily be earning Premier wages" (and mostly warming a bench) and "he could easily be playing in the Premiership" as you said, which I'm yet to be convinced of. It's a huge step up, jury still out, one swallow and all that. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still not sure if he touched the ball or not. Maybe a slight touch. Wasn't dangerous or reckless for me as 'follow through' happen in most tackles. If he doesn't take the ball then no complaints. But I do have a complaint with the ref - seemed to me he changes his mind based on home crowd pressure & an injury (where have we seen that before.) I don't mind a ref taking their time but I'm sure he shook his head at a few Hudds players. He was card happy & favoured them all night. (Not that it made a difference - it was just annoying.)

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
He's not premier league standard. It's the same lunge challenge every time! He didn't lose us the game but it didn't help.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here