Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are we so shit away from home recently?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Not one of the OTT reactionary threads, I'm sure there will be plently of those over the next 24 hours... But recently our performances away from home haven't been good enough. Without doubt we missed Stephens tonight and we definitely miss the pace of Baldock stretching defenders but I think Hughton has got his tactics very wrong recently. We seem afraid to pass the ball out from the back and are resorting to going long the whole game. I think tonight was the night to play 3 in midfield as we can get overrun especially in away games. The signs have been there in the Fulham and Birmingham games. Maybe due to the injury of Stephens we stuck with the tried and tested 4-4-2 but I think Chris seriously needs to consider changes for the Brentford game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Back to basics for the Brentford game, 11 behind the ball and settle for a point if we have to. I imagine the confidence is totally shot after that absolute mauling tonight. I know mine is

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Trying not to lose rather than trying to win. Same as middle of last season

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We could have played 6 in midfield tonight but they'd still get nowhere near Mooy. Seriously though, we couldn't pass out from the back because Huddersfield were pressing us so much, they afforded us no time on the ball. Someone else mentioned it earlier, but Wagner tactically outclassed Hughton tonight. We need a plan B.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Trying not to lose rather than trying to win. Same as middle of last season

We had no say tonight, we were totally overrun and outplayed from the kick off. Thank God we don't have to play Huddersfield again

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Back to basics for the Brentford game, 11 behind the ball and settle for a point if we have to. I imagine the confidence is totally shot after that absolute mauling tonight. I know mine is

I agree. Pace up top too... I'd certainly settle for a battle scarred point. Our best hope is that they'll fancy their chances... over confidence may, or may not, help undo them.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I'd say the midfield is why and Norwood slows the game down for us in which suits the opposition....very little energy in the middle of the park unlike last season with an on form kayal and Stephens.
Should have signed a quality midfielder in the window....but hey ho we must move on :)

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
We could have played 6 in midfield tonight but they'd still get nowhere near Mooy. Seriously though, we couldn't pass out from the back because Huddersfield were pressing us so much, they afforded us no time on the ball. Someone else mentioned it earlier, but Wagner tactically outclassed Hughton tonight. We need a plan B.

If they were pressing us so well we should just slow the tempo down and play it across the back 4. Huddersfield were very good tonight but it's easy to look good when the opposition keep gifting you the ball. No outlet up front and our midfield were winning no second balls. I seriously hope the Stephens injury is only minor.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

This. They isolated AK, dominated the midfield, and put pressure on our full backs. They out ran us and we didn't stand a chance of building up any play.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We seemed to be palying the long ball game a lot - thought the same too v Lincoln. 3-1 up and 20 mins to go, they had us pinnd in our own half and we had no answers with their pressing etc.. Looks like we were tired and couldnt run, they were brilliant - played like we have done until the last couple of games.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We had no say tonight, we were totally overrun and outplayed from the kick off. Thank God we don't have to play Huddersfield again

Have you forgotten the play-offs? On our performance tonight, there is a very real risk we won't gain automatic promotion.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have you forgotten the play-offs? On our performance tonight, there is a very real risk we won't gain automatic promotion.
On tonight's performance they'll end up above us but it doesn't work like that. IF we end up in the playoffs though I am going on holiday, I won't be watching those again...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here