Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phil Shiner struck off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arrogant, avaricious, lying fecker, good

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"The Iraq Historic Allegations Team (Ihat) said it would now reassess cases referred by Shiner and his firm, Public Interest Lawyers (PIL), to decide whether they should still be pursued."

It's just as well we didn't send troops to Aleppo otherwise we'd have the Syria Historic Allegations Team causing a stink.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The ******* should be doing time for inciting perjury, scrote

This, I was not in favour of the Iraq war but this w*****r deserves putting in Colcester Army Prison for a few years and see what he put innocent sioldiers through.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The treacherous bast*rd would hang if there was any justice.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Right wingers hate Corbyn left wingers hate May and Trump...Surely all must unite in their hatred of this man...Hopefully a rough ride in prison awaits him !!!

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Glad this has happened. This arrogant man, and many others like him, only enjoy the freedom they have to act the way they do thanks to our servicemen and women "walking the wall" behind which we all live our lives. They then feel free to persecute those same service personnel, and would never dream of carrying rifle and pack to defend this country and our way of life. I hope this guy is not the only one to get his come-uppence. It's not just Iraq, though. For my generation it is still Northern Ireland and attempts to denigrate the Army for its role there that really winds us up. You had to have lived through that to truly understand it, and I feel that modern observers have no concept of the conflict as it was actually fought. I can't stand by while the reputations of men (and women) I knew are dragged through the mud. To all our service people, past and present, I say "thank you" for defending our freedom.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Somewhat ironic he wasn't in Court to hear the outcome as said to be suffering from stress. But what have those soldiers be like for the past 12 years in dealing with charges that were made up against them purely for monetary gain.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Have to say we need to be very hard on him. saw pound signs not justice. No understanding of what our soldiers went through. Not saying we are angels but a war will take u beyond the bounds of normal behaviour.

D

Deleted member 22389

Hope the servicemen get offered some sort of compensation? Not enough they put their life's on the online. If not I hope someone sets up a fund.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Shiner should absolutely face criminal prosecution for his actions. His actions are beneath contempt and he should suffer the consequences of them.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The damage this guy has done to soldiers and their families, those with genuine grievances against the British Army and the perception of human rights law is immeasurable.

Utter scumbag. He should be prosecuted and left to rot.

kjgood

Glad this has happened. This arrogant man, and many others like him, only enjoy the freedom they have to act the way they do thanks to our servicemen and women "walking the wall" behind which we all live our lives. They then feel free to persecute those same service personnel, and would never dream of carrying rifle and pack to defend this country and our way of life. I hope this guy is not the only one to get his come-uppence. It's not just Iraq, though. For my generation it is still Northern Ireland and attempts to denigrate the Army for its role there that really winds us up. You had to have lived through that to truly understand it, and I feel that modern observers have no concept of the conflict as it was actually fought. I can't stand by while the reputations of men (and women) I knew are dragged through the mud. To all our service people, past and present, I say "thank you" for defending our freedom.

This absolutely this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hope the servicemen get offered some sort of compensation? Not enough they put their life's on the online. If not I hope someone sets up a fund.
Perhaps any such fund (or legal aid) could be used to enable them to sue the slimeball for everything he's got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here