Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M23 is BANJO'D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
http://www.surreymirror.co.uk/pictu...letely-empty/story-30107055-detail/story.html

The M23 has been closed in both directions near Gatwick Airport after an overhead cable "came down". Highways England shut the busy motorway this morning to allow UK Power Networks engineers to repair the damaged power line. The road is shut northbound between J10 (Crawley)and J8 (M25), and southbound between J8 and J9 (Gatwick) for "safety reasons."

Chaos on the surrounding routes. Some of the supporters coaches have given up and turned around apparently.

Bummer innit.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If anyone from the club is reading this, perhaps a last minute arrangement for beam back at the AMEX, sure Sky fan work their magic for the stressed fans?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If anyone from the club is reading this, perhaps a last minute arrangement for beam back at the AMEX, sure Sky fan work their magic for the stressed fans?

Beambacks only kick in as an option when the away end is sold out.

Anyway, why bother trying for a hastily arranged beamback, when anyone can go home to watch it, or watch it down the pub ? That's just CRAZY talk.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chaos it may be, but I'm sure there are ways and means to get there by road, even if it means a lengthy detour, and takes a fair bit longer As long as they can make it shortly after kick off, it might still be ok.

Nothing worse than to completely abandon the trip and probably not get any of your money back.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We knew at 11.30 this morning, so turned off at Bolney, went to A24 up to the M25.
I believe Seagulls Travel are refunding fares.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'm sure I've done Brighton to the M25 avoiding the M23 because of a crash at Pyecombe. Had to get to Croydon once :sick: Shirley they set off early, it's a 6 hour drive at the best of times.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Chaos it may be, but I'm sure there are ways and means to get there by road, even if it means a lengthy detour, and takes a fair bit longer As long as they can make it shortly after kick off, it might still be ok.

Nothing worse than to completely abandon the trip and probably not get any of your money back.

Seagull Travel have abandoned their journey and returned back

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
According to BBC Travel the M23 reopened 11 minutes ago. Probably a bit late now though...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm sure I've done Brighton to the M25 avoiding the M23 because of a crash at Pyecombe. Had to get to Croydon once :sick: Shirley they set off early, it's a 6 hour drive at the best of times.

There are plenty of back routes though - particularly if your destination is further afield.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
As already stated why it wasn't possible to divert onto the A24 via Bolney & Cowfold & then go to the M25 via Dorking/Leatherhead?

Probably would add 20 or 30 minutes to the journey but certainly a regular route I take up to the M25. ???

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
As already stated why it wasn't possible to divert onto the A24 via Bolney & Cowfold & then go to the M25 via Dorking/Leatherhead?

Probably would add 20 or 30 minutes to the journey but certainly a regular route I take up to the M25. ???

I think the coaches set off from Brighton around 11.30ish. Highways Agency advised to take a different route around 1pm. I don't drive so I'm not sure on the distances but it's possible they were already in the thick of it by the time that announcement was made.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

That's single lane isn't it ? Routing a motorway down there must cause massive tailbacks ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here