Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tiger Woods

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Saw he is +5 after the first round of the Dubai Masters, absolutely heartbreaking to see arguably the worlds greatest sports star fall away so badly. After having some of the best years of his career cruelly taken away by illness and injury people would have been hoping for him to come back to his old form but it's not to be.

If anyone can still come back though it's Tiger. It would be the greatest sporting fairytale of them all if he came back to win the Masters and I, for one, wouldn't write him off.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
His putting looked pretty woeful. I reckon I could give him a run for his money!

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Saw he is +5 after the first round of the Dubai Masters, absolutely heartbreaking to see arguably the worlds greatest sports star fall away so badly. After having some of the best years of his career cruelly taken away by illness and injury people would have been hoping for him to come back to his old form but it's not to be.

If anyone can still come back though it's Tiger. It would be the greatest sporting fairytale of them all if he came back to win the Masters and I, for one, wouldn't write him off.

Can't agree, I'm afraid. He's been such a c**k off the course with the way he's behaved and treated other people that this feels like karma. He's never been in the same league as people like Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, Mickelson et al in terms of being an ambassador for the sport. I wouldn't wish such a decline on anyone but really can't say I feel sorry for him in any way

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

Sorry mate, I agree he could arguably be seen as the best GOLFER but certainly not the best sportsman, remember his disgusting spitting on the green, throwing his clubs about ect. etc. He reminds me of an boxer who doesn't know when to quit and keeps taking beatings in the ring.

It is time for the the new generation.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Can't agree, I'm afraid. He's been such a c**k off the course with the way he's behaved and treated other people that this feels like karma. He's never been in the same league as people like Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, Mickelson et al in terms of being an ambassador for the sport. I wouldn't wish such a decline on anyone but really can't say I feel sorry for him in any way

Put much better than me, agree absolutely.

Jan 30, 2008

DOES HE PAY YOUR BILLS :facepalm:
regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not doing himself any favours with such a tough schedule.
Although the flip side is there's no disgrace in being +5 in this tournament, as opposed to +5 in a lesser event.

The downside is he's not getting 4 rounds of serious game time, let alone being at the pointy end Sunday afternoons.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

I agree.

There was never any grace about anything he did on the course. It was always win at all costs and he never looked like he was enjoying it.

And his behaviour away from golf left a lot to be desired.

Not a role model for my kids........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Totally agree, disgusting character both on and off the course.
Plus all the hayfever, sand in his eye shananigans, spitting at the hole if he missed a putt.
Mentally inbalanced i think.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:nono:

Cruelly injured again, will this mans luck ever change?? Feel sorry for the audience who have paid good money to see him play too.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Bloody awful weather here this weekend though, blowing like crazy and even raining. We get one occurrence of this a year, and this year it's when the professional golf and cycling are both on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
:nono:

Cruelly injured again, will this mans luck ever change?? Feel sorry for the audience who have paid good money to see him play too.

" Old Sportsman not as good as he Used to be Shock "

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I know there are many Tiger Woods fans in this board. An absolutely fantastic and gripping documentary on Sky currently (one of the growing number of Sky originals) Tiger Woods: Back.
Follows his recovery from illness and injury to come back and win on the PGA tour, me and Mrs Crodo were sobbing our hearts out as it documents his incredible and brave recovery and how much he means to the golfing and indeed sporting family.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's more like it Crodo. Fishing at its finest :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here