Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When does next season start?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Trying to book holidays and can't find confirmation anywhere of when the championship or premier league seasons start.

Wouldn't be bothered about missing the first match of the championship but would be gutted to miss the first ever Albion Premier League match.

My guess is championship is 6th August and premier league 13th August.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Trying to book holidays and can't find confirmation anywhere of when the championship or premier league seasons start.

Wouldn't be bothered about missing the first match of the championship but would be gutted to miss the first ever Albion Premier League match.

Glad you asked, didn't want too!

Waiting on this also and have same thoughts as you.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Top stuff, long necked one.:fishing:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As soon as this one finishes!No time for holidays.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

They are both Sundays.

I bet it will be 12th as I'm going to the World Athletic Championships that day!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Season starts earlier when a WC is on, PL used to be the 3rd Saturday in August and the FL used to be the 2nd. I imagine they'll both be a week earlier for the 17/18 season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Next season starts the day we win promotion,or failing that and have not suffered a complete collapse,the day we win promotion via the play-offs(further) the day we lose the play off final/semi final-

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Bound to be pre season games as well. Being a PL team we may just get Barca in.
As a hint to holidays, I look for the England games and work around them. Friday 1st & Monday 4th September means no games that weekend and gamble on either the weekend before or after that we have an away match. Next is 5th & 8th October so again look either side. Not wishing to miss home games I wait until the fixtures are out and then book. Of course Sky always roll up and move the Saturday match to either Thursday or Friday and ruin all my plans.
I know I'm not alone in this planning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here