Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Brighton and Hove is a hot bed of lefties and greens however the Town is still trying to catch up hasn't it only just recently started a green bin service the previous one was private enterprise. Recycling rates need to improve etc.
Is it so left wing because Brighton is a big University town and it has a hi number of students stay when they finish studying.
Lots of Brighton born residents move out the town East and West and now coming over the Downs to beautiful and green Mid Sussex.:hilton::whistle::facepalm:
Spot on and none of them have actually lived or experienced tough times....It's amazing how left they've become by reading books and not to mention they're actually anti British :lolol::lolol::lolol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yes a truly principled Prime Minister, sucking up to a reprehensible man before selling arms to human rights abusing Turkey to prop up Tory Brexit.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Quite good with prepared answers. Looks like she is going to cry or have a nervous breakdown when asked a question she isn't prepared for or doesn't want.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Mrs. T and Monarch May have a lot in common. One came up with the idea of the European Single market, one is doing her best to dismantle it

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
May has managed to be propelled in to power against all the odds and is clearly devoid of any sort of ideals or ideas, she is Chancey Gardener made real.. Unfortunately for her she has become Prime Minister at possibly one of the most confused and divided times in recent political history and she is desperately clinging on to her lifebuoy in very choppy and murky world waters. She knows what people want to hear such as support for " Those left Behind " and " The JAM's" and how she wants a fairer society but has no policies to pursue this as the referendum and Trump have much too high a demand on her time and intellect.

When you hear her stuttering performances at PMQ's the contradictions and vacuous stock answers are blindingly obvious. Many of her replies to Corbyn's NHS questions are based around how " We have a strong, vibrant economy with more people employed than ever before and that subsidises the NHS....something that " They/Labour/Corbyn " ( jab finger ) can not create " This accompanied by howls of joy and woof woofs from the Tory business lobby sat behind her....... But, go back, Mrs May did you not say that" There is a perception that capitalism is not working for many people " ? " We must make a fairer society " ?

So she is standing there defending a system that she admits does not work yet she is powerless and devoid of the ability to change it. Or, is it that the massed ranks of Tory businessmen and lobbyists have the perfect stooge while they continue to exploit the many while Mrs May takes all the flak ?

As for her duplicitousness when dealing with Trump, words fail me. Trump surely would have told her the executive orders that he was going to sign the next day, especially given the " Special Relationship " ? yet, no one could get her to admit either knowing about the order or admonishing it or criticising it for 2 whole days afterwards... Is this because she does not want to offend the Donald or is it simply because she has not be programmed with the correct policy answer ?

I think she is a shallow,inept middle manager thrust far beyond her abilities and her comfort zone and will possibly be one of the worst PM's in the last 40 years. I'm no Tory but at least David Cameron could come up with policies and defend them and make it sound like he believed in them.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
The way that she answers and puts Corbyn in his place during debates in the house is reminiscent of Maggie in her prime,

Astounded that anyone thinks this. Prepared answers, stupid cheap shots, never answers a question, looks like a rabbit in the headlights at all public events. You see what you want to see I suppose. There are people who think she is right to invite Donald Trump to a state visit !!! Low IQ's admittedly but they exist.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not questioning her principals or views jus admire the way she puts Corbyn down. They may be prepared questions and answers but it is IMO impressive and effective. I think that right or wrong she shows who is No 1.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
people seem to want to criticise May for simply having not done much, when in the job for 6 month. and on party political grounds, they wont like her. as i see it, May is a manager, probably quite a good one, that will steer the country through problems. she is seems decisive, once set on a course of action will follow it through. she is not however spontaneous, which in today world leaves her looking wrong footed, and will also get caught out when her decisions aren't the right one (she wont change course). but its way too early to pass judgment this early, nothing of note yet, except commit to Brexit and make a daft offer of a state visit to Trump.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I think she is a shallow,inept middle manager thrust far beyond her abilities and her comfort zone and will possibly be one of the worst PM's in the last 40 years. I'm no Tory but at least David Cameron could come up with policies and defend them and make it sound like he believed in them.

I'd tend to agree with this statement, there is something slightly hysterical about her in PMQ's and she looked frankly desperate to me when she met Trump.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Views on who performs best at PMQs are mainly split along party political lines as far as I can tell. I would say without doubt that this is the weakest pairing in my life. The incumbent usually gets the better of the exchanges for obvious reasons, more MPs behind them, more research etc. On this standard, May is not doing well compared with any of her recent predecessors. Even Major was better against Blair, who was much better than Corbyn.

However, it is just theatre and an easy thing for the media to focus on. Too much coverage of personalities and trivia and not enough on the serious issues which confront us all, of which there are many.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Astounded that anyone thinks this. Prepared answers, stupid cheap shots, never answers a question, looks like a rabbit in the headlights at all public events. You see what you want to see I suppose. There are people who think she is right to invite Donald Trump to a state visit !!! Low IQ's admittedly but they exist.

You don't get it do you? Your obnoxious ideology that if someone has a differing view to yours they therefore must be thick is part of the big issue here, I couldn't give a **** if the **** is banned from coming! I do however based on the above dislike you more and take great joy in knowing you are winding yourself up over this Trump spectacle

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
You don't get it do you? Your obnoxious ideology that if someone has a differing view to yours they therefore must be thick is part of the big issue here, I couldn't give a **** if the **** is banned from coming! I do however based on the above dislike you more and take great joy in knowing you are winding yourself up over this Trump spectacle

Sounds like you're getting wound up buddy. Go and have lie down and see if you can write sentence without swearing and getting angry.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'd tend to agree with this statement, there is something slightly hysterical about her in PMQ's and she looked frankly desperate to me when she met Trump.

I seriously thought she looked ghastly before, during and after when she met Trump. As if she was well out of her comfort zone and doing things that she did not want to do.

In fact, the "doing things she does not want to do" might go for the whole job at the moment. Although she is coming across as strong, I feel there is a certain falseness about it, as if she doesn't believe in what she is doing and is trying too hard to defend it.

For someone who has said on numerous occasions that the country needs to unite, she is making an extremely good fist of deepening the divisions. I'm not a Tory, but when she came in as PM I thought she would be the best person to steer us through all this. I have completely and utterly changed my mind.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
lol she's the worst Tory performer at PMQs ever - at least Cameron's Flashman act made him effective, she's just an awkward vicars daughter struggling with the same lines.

And now she's painted herself as Trump's best mate and wants to open up our NHS to his US private contractors - this is the beginning of the end for her which will come even quicker than it did for Cameron and Osborne

Let's hope so, the problem is, what, or who, comes next?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Quite good with prepared answers. Looks like she is going to cry or have a nervous breakdown when asked a question she isn't prepared for or doesn't want.

Angus Robertson appears to have her number. He's managed to fluster her in 2 questions at the last 2 PMQ's whilst JC has been floundering around aimlessly.

I really don't think much of Theresa May but she's probably been dealt the worst hand of any PM in my memory. At least she didn't **** off at the first sign of trouble like old hamface.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Angus Robertson appears to have her number. He's managed to fluster her in 2 questions at the last 2 PMQ's whilst JC has been floundering around aimlessly.

I really don't think much of Theresa May but she's probably been dealt the worst hand of any PM in my memory. At least she didn't **** off at the first sign of trouble like old hamface.
TBH, I've given up on the whole thing - all too depressing. All very South Park
CNMK9QuUsAA9Ywi.jpg

But watching her with Trump reminded me of Blair when he went to the US - a cross between over excitement and terror. Blair was normally quite assured when at home but seemed to have a tremor in his voice when on the big stage. And May looked like someone had asked a reality star to do a bit of acting - a cringeworthy mix of wooden, awe and terror. The odd time I have seen her on the news, she seems assured when batting away banalities but comparing her to Thatcher is ridiculous. Like her or loath her, Maggie was rarely flustered. A bit Danny Baker - sometimes right, sometimes wrong but always certain. Take May off script and she looks lost.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The way that she answers and puts Corbyn in his place during debates in the house is reminiscent of Maggie in her prime,

Maggie "in her prime" was facing Neil Kinnock - who had far more parliamentary seats, some decent ministers in his Shadow Cabinet and a (largely) united party behind him. In football terms it was Man Utd vs Hull City - the Tigers might nick a point here and there but usually only one winner.

Theresa May is facing a pale shadow of Kinnock. Corbyn is emasculated on a weekly basis, be it total rejection in Scotland, his own MPs voting against him, forcing in u-turns on core Labour policy by the referendum outcome etc. The guy hasn't got just one hand tied behind his back, he's got BOTH hands tied AND a sign on his back that says "Kick Me!

Anyone with a brain could tear this wretch apart right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here