Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theresa May

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Labour Party unfortunately are irrelevant in British politics, they have been punished in Scotland next England, May could end up with a landslide the way Corbyn is going [emoji853]

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The way that she answers and puts Corbyn in his place during debates in the house is reminiscent of Maggie in her prime,

Whilst I don't believe Corbyn is the man to bring a strong opposition to the current government surely it would be better if she was capable of being a moral leader that doesn't cower in front of a despicable President and able to put British values ahead of her sticking her tongue up the arse of a man who will bring economic ruin to one of the world's great super powers. Prime ministers question time is frankly a pathetic point scoring match where the elite in this country can roar, heckle and woof (see Sir Nicholas Soames MP and right honorable ****) at each other while they snigger and chortle at their own self importance.

Personally I would rather they debated policy, principal and actually proposed ways of making this country better rather than acting like the overpaid children that many of them are

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've always approached life with the principle that you get out what you put in.

So far as the Labour Party are concerned, they put in Corbyn so shouldn't be surprised if they get nothing out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Labour Party unfortunately are irrelevant in British politics, they have been punished in Scotland next England, May could end up with a landslide the way Corbyn is going [emoji853]

The Labour Party have scored massive own goal after massive own goal in this country. Succesive unelectable leaders in Milliband, and now Corbyn, at a time when British politics so needs creditable opposition.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Whilst I don't believe Corbyn is the man to bring a strong opposition to the current government surely it would be better if she was capable of being a moral leader that doesn't cower in front of a despicable President and able to put British values ahead of her sticking her tongue up the arse of a man who will bring economic ruin to one of the world's great super powers. Prime ministers question time is frankly a pathetic point scoring match where the elite in this country can roar, heckle and woof (see Sir Nicholas Soames MP and right honorable ****) at each other while they snigger and chortle at their own self importance.

Personally I would rather they debated policy, principal and actually proposed ways of making this country better rather than acting like the overpaid children that many of them are

Yeah yeah yeah, but would you storm the purple gates?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Labour Party have scored massive own goal after massive own goal in this country. Succesive unelectable leaders in Milliband, and now Corbyn, at a time when British politics so needs creditable opposition.

Just as the Tories did post Major with Hague, Duncan Smith and Howard. I never got that either.

I don't get Labour. It should be so easy - but the party have been taken over by people who really that interested in "big politics" and I'm not sure that worried about being in opposition either.

That has screwed them.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
These comparisons of Theresa May with the Thatcher woman are so simply shallow. Both are/were women, both Prime Ministers, and leaders of the Conservative Party - and that's all. There the similarities end.
I hated Thatcher and the things she did and stood for. I went on protest marches against her regime, her destruction of British manufacturing industry and its replacement with the greed-is-good alright for the rich virtual economy we have now. I detested her for selling of the family silver (ie Council Houses, BT and the other utilities) for short term financial gain - a policy from which my children are still struggling now. The Poll Tax. 'There is no such thing as society'. For her lies and deceits, her toadying up to the EU and signing away more of our sovereignty through the Single European Act while pretending she was fighting the EU tooth and nail.
Theresa May - and I say this as a life long Labour voter who never dreamed I'd ever say anything like this - is a Conservative PM, suddenly and unexpectedly thrust into a very difficult job. And - though it pains me to say it as an anything-but-conservative sort of person - so far she hasn't put a foot wrong.
Maggie MkII ? - give me strength!

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Labour Party unfortunately are irrelevant in British politics, they have been punished in Scotland next England, May could end up with a landslide the way Corbyn is going.
Just not as irrelevant as the Lib Dems though. Corbyn or no Corbyn.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
She has put almost every foot wrong! You only have to hear and see the way she talks down her nose at you like you are an idiot child to realise she does not give a shit about you.
Still pining for darling Maggie and hoping against hope you've found her replacement? Or are you a remainer who will only be satisfied by an unlikely giant-killing act by Wee Krankie and the Limp Dems?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here