Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Zoostorm P/C and E Buyer.

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe like a few here just use the "net" for surfing,Youtube,shopping etc and need to replace our system. So has anyone use E-Buyer or know anything about Zoostorm and who they maybe ?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Leekbrookgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Maybe like a few here just use the "net" for surfing,Youtube,shopping etc and need to replace our system. So has anyone use E-Buyer or know anything about Zoostorm and who they maybe ?
      Used ebuyer loads and never had any troubles until this Christmas they sent an item out with the wrong courier and it then got mislaid; they processed the refund pretty quickly though. Would take a look at Scan as well.
      'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
      'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

0 Not allowed!
      Ebuyer has been recommended to me by our IT chap at work, although he also uses BT for PC components!
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Zoostorm is an own-brand label used by EBuyer. My wife has an i3 Intel CPU powered laptop with 500 GB drive and 8 GB RAM bought back in 2013 for £399 from them and I have bought a lot of components from them - memory, disks ( including SSDs), monitors, computer cases plus smartphones. There are a lot of weekly, daily and weekend deals and it is a good reliable company. The group also owns Wren Kitchens.

Looking through the Zoostorm range on their web site tonight, there don't appear to be any Zoostorm laptops or tablets. The desktop offerings do not appear to be very competitively priced and it may be a better deal building your own PC with EBuyer components using recommendations from the Tom's Hardware web site.

However with prices being based on dollar pricing ( everything comes from China, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia etc..) prices will become less competitive in the medium and long term.

Ebuyer now seem to be selling a budget laptop range now called Medion Akoya that is also sold by Aldi.

Maybe worth looking through ex-display and clearance sections of EBuyer and PC World as warranties should still be as new.

John Lewis knock out a few clearance laptops and desktops, including All-In-Ones, also with proper warranties.
      Last edited by mxs_harrow; 01-02-2017 at 23:26.

0 Not allowed!
      Bought a handful of things from ebuyer over the years, no problems.
      As brakespear says, have a look at scan too, not used them for perhaps 15 years, but i did used to use them for work a lot, rated them back then.

0 Not allowed!
      Bought a bog-standard Zoostorm desktop PC about 18 months ago because it looked decent value at the time compared with same-spec machines from other suppliers. It's been excellent, no issues whatsoever.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Oh just a note, although you're not using the PC that strenuously, AMD are due to release their long awaited new CPU's - probably at the end of this month. This may well affect prices as the old stuff is shifted, if you can hold on for another 6 weeks or so, it may well be cheaper. The new pentiums (and kaby lakes) are also being released as of now, which will probably cause more price volatility.

If you want the best for your money, the advice is to wait.
      Muslamic Infidel

0 Not allowed!
      In my previous job I used Ebuyer a lot, never had any real issues apart from them not telling us when stuff wasn't available, they would just cancel the order.

I must have had around 30 zoostorm machines from them in that time. Kitted out an IT suite with them and had no major issues at all. For the price paid the kit was good value for money, more than capable of being used by the students for Office and web browsing and a few basic apps. Could just about get away with an older version of Photoshop elements on them too.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

0 Not allowed!
      Staff rated on REJECTED RMAs

Use Scan (https://www.scan.co.uk/), always helpful for me and never an issue with delivery speeds or returns.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Staff rated on REJECTED RMAs

Use Scan (https://www.scan.co.uk/), always helpful for me and never an issue with delivery speeds or returns.
      Y,n,y,y,y,y,m,y
      I can take the despair, it's the hope I can't stand......