Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zoostorm P/C and E Buyer.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Maybe like a few here just use the "net" for surfing,Youtube,shopping etc and need to replace our system. So has anyone use E-Buyer or know anything about Zoostorm and who they maybe ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Maybe like a few here just use the "net" for surfing,Youtube,shopping etc and need to replace our system. So has anyone use E-Buyer or know anything about Zoostorm and who they maybe ?
Used ebuyer loads and never had any troubles until this Christmas they sent an item out with the wrong courier and it then got mislaid; they processed the refund pretty quickly though. Would take a look at Scan as well.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ebuyer has been recommended to me by our IT chap at work, although he also uses BT for PC components!

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5

Zoostorm is an own-brand label used by EBuyer. My wife has an i3 Intel CPU powered laptop with 500 GB drive and 8 GB RAM bought back in 2013 for £399 from them and I have bought a lot of components from them - memory, disks ( including SSDs), monitors, computer cases plus smartphones. There are a lot of weekly, daily and weekend deals and it is a good reliable company. The group also owns Wren Kitchens.

Looking through the Zoostorm range on their web site tonight, there don't appear to be any Zoostorm laptops or tablets. The desktop offerings do not appear to be very competitively priced and it may be a better deal building your own PC with EBuyer components using recommendations from the Tom's Hardware web site.

However with prices being based on dollar pricing ( everything comes from China, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia etc..) prices will become less competitive in the medium and long term.

Ebuyer now seem to be selling a budget laptop range now called Medion Akoya that is also sold by Aldi.

Maybe worth looking through ex-display and clearance sections of EBuyer and PC World as warranties should still be as new.

John Lewis knock out a few clearance laptops and desktops, including All-In-Ones, also with proper warranties.

Last edited:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Bought a handful of things from ebuyer over the years, no problems.
As brakespear says, have a look at scan too, not used them for perhaps 15 years, but i did used to use them for work a lot, rated them back then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bought a bog-standard Zoostorm desktop PC about 18 months ago because it looked decent value at the time compared with same-spec machines from other suppliers. It's been excellent, no issues whatsoever.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013

Oh just a note, although you're not using the PC that strenuously, AMD are due to release their long awaited new CPU's - probably at the end of this month. This may well affect prices as the old stuff is shifted, if you can hold on for another 6 weeks or so, it may well be cheaper. The new pentiums (and kaby lakes) are also being released as of now, which will probably cause more price volatility.

If you want the best for your money, the advice is to wait.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In my previous job I used Ebuyer a lot, never had any real issues apart from them not telling us when stuff wasn't available, they would just cancel the order.

I must have had around 30 zoostorm machines from them in that time. Kitted out an IT suite with them and had no major issues at all. For the price paid the kit was good value for money, more than capable of being used by the students for Office and web browsing and a few basic apps. Could just about get away with an older version of Photoshop elements on them too.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Staff rated on REJECTED RMAs:wozza:

ebuyer_big.jpg

Use Scan (https://www.scan.co.uk/), always helpful for me and never an issue with delivery speeds or returns.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Bought a handful of things from ebuyer over the years, no problems.
As brakespear says, have a look at scan too, not used them for perhaps 15 years, but i did used to use them for work a lot, rated them back then.

A quick check on refurbished laptops on Scan's site.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/125...u-8gb-ram-240gb-ssd-windows-7-pro-12-month-wa

Lenovo X230 i5 CPU 8 GB RAM 240 GB SSD £279.

Use this with a docking station or external mouse/keyboard and big monitor instead of a lumpy desktop - as long as you don't need gaming levels of computing power.

My current laptop is an refurbished HP with i7 CPU, NVidia Geforce graphics, 16 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD which I bought early in 2013 for £550 from the PC World website.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh just a note, although you're not using the PC that strenuously, AMD are due to release their long awaited new CPU's - probably at the end of this month. This may well affect prices as the old stuff is shifted, if you can hold on for another 6 weeks or so, it may well be cheaper. The new pentiums (and kaby lakes) are also being released as of now, which will probably cause more price volatility.

If you want the best for your money, the advice is to wait.

Isn't that always going to be the advice with buying a PC ? Specs continually increase for the same price........

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Isn't that always going to be the advice with buying a PC ? Specs continually increase for the same price........

Not really, but as said, if you're not going to be straining your PC then you probably wouldn't notice, if one was to opt for the new chip. However it will have knock on effects on the pricing of the previous PC's.
AMD havn't released a new chip for 3 years(?), news is it will release early march. Intel's new chips are just hitting the PC's now.

D

Deleted member 22389

A quick check on refurbished laptops on Scan's site.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/125...u-8gb-ram-240gb-ssd-windows-7-pro-12-month-wa

Lenovo X230 i5 CPU 8 GB RAM 240 GB SSD £279.

Use this with a docking station or external mouse/keyboard and big monitor instead of a lumpy desktop - as long as you don't need gaming levels of computing power.

My current laptop is an refurbished HP with i7 CPU, NVidia Geforce graphics, 16 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD which I bought early in 2013 for £550 from the PC World website.

I had a thinkpad for years, best laptop I ever owned. Died on me last year. Had the docking station too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

yes, and because normal users (gamers, and few other niche users aside) dont use even 50% of the potential of their hardware, it hasn't been worth waiting for the new model for about 10 years. buy whatever you like the look of, for the set budget, today.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Zoostorms are very much budget range PCs - cheapest components for the level of PC you are buying. We bought one of their £160 machines and it came with a very slow laptop hard disk. Ebuyer are good to deal with and Zoostorms are fine as long as you know you are buying Dacia and not BMW.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I need a new PC for office based stuff and games capable of playing latest Battlefield COD etc. Any recommendations without spending fortunes?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I need a new PC for office based stuff and games capable of playing latest Battlefield COD etc. Any recommendations without spending fortunes?

The two are pretty much mutually exclusive.
My boy just upgraded his gaming box with new motherboard, cpu, memory & SSD (already had case/psu/graphics card) and spent about £600

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I build PC's as a hobby and have used Ebuyer for years. However, my experience of them has slowly been going down hill over recent times. Saying things are in stock when they are not, missing shipment dates, etc. They normally sort things out in the end but it used to be a seamless process where as now it's not always the case. That said, when they get it right first time they are great.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here