Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's hardest creature X: second round, match 8; Wolverine vs Alligator snapping turtle.

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This should be a terrific contest. Wolverine in the last few years has really grown into this tournament to the point that he is in the mix for the title. Alligator snapping turtle is in his first ever WHC but if it was based on looks alone he'd probably already be champion. Wolverine can attract a huge fan base but then in the next contest they don't show up. A.S.T is new has a bit of momentum and potentially could get a huge fan base too. I'm looking forward to seeing how this match up develops.

The combatants:

Wolverine

caf25e623ed6aebde53bc68277788a42.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine

Road to the second round: won 4th place play off match against Mantis Shrimp

Wolverine squeaked into the second round, tying fourth place in the group of death (Group C) before overcoming the Mantis Shrimp in an epic play off. Small, stocky, very powerful and with a reputation for ferocity and strength disproportionate to his size Wolverine is capable of hunting and killing prey many times its size. It will defend its kills against much bigger predators such as wolves or bears. There has been at least one account of a wolverine trying to steal prey off a black bear(although the wolverine eventually lost). It's a gutsy, powerful little beast willing to take on dangerous killers much bigger than itself.

VS

Alligator Snapping Turtle

1a0de54d1dd0ea0d7f180dd201ffc1f4.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alligator_snapping_turtle

Road to the second round:
Group B: 2nd (22 votes)

If you've ever wondered what the kids of a teenage mutant ninja turtle and the T-Rex from Jurassic Park would look like, imagine no more. Surely it would look something like the Alligator Snapping Turtle. But is it just looks? Well, it's a carnivore which is always a good start...it means it has to kill for dinner. It has a pretty nasty bite- it can snap a broom handle and is able to take a humans finger clean off. I'm still not entirely sure how aggressive these things are but then again, looking like they do, they probably don't need to be overly aggressive. Just a stare should do the trick.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Team turtle, this fella deserves to win this year. It is ****ing mental.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
Having once prodded a snapping turtle with a stick from about ten feet away 'just to see what happens', I can confirm they are hard as nails. I'm Team Turtle all the way to the final

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Is this supposed to be pro-turtle or pro-wolverine? A pumpkin is shoved in this things face and it bites it? Well I never!

If anyone tried shoving a pumpkin in a wolverine's FACE it would bite the pumpkin, the hand that was holding the pumpkin, the arm belonging to the hand and the rest of the body belonging to the arm. It would then hunt down the family of the FOOL who had shoved a pumpkin in its face and make them extinct.

Biting pumpkins is hard? FFS! Go and check out the Alligator Snapping Turtles harder cousin - the Common Snapping Turtle (if you can find any, I hear that the wolverines are after them) - and then tell me that the AST is hard. It's a pussy in a superhero costume...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Voted Wolverine last round but now it's time for the turtle it's the one that has caught my eye in the earlier phases....

Also i wonder just how many "protest" :cry: votes there are against the Wolverine after he edged out the shrimp in a titanic struggle last round :lolol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Not long left in the is contest. A low turn out has left Wolverine in all kinds of trouble. He's basically the north american honey badger so I would have thought he'd be getting some support from that quarter.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Game OVER.

Last season's beaten finalist crashes out in the second round to newbie ALLIGATOR SNAPPING TURTLE.

Our quarter final line up is finalised. Joining the A.S.T will be the Hippo, Honey Badger, Grasshopper Mouse, Jaguar, Salt Water Crocodile, Shrew and Polar Bear.

The Quarter finals will be played next week, two on monday and two on wednesday.

Quarter final live draw in 10 minutes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here