Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Keane???

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Don't recall him being signed anywhere yesterday and doesn't need to be within the transfer window.

Really should be going all out to get him, Reading have done well this window. We have a sublime lineup and some decent cover but a Robbie Keane in the team/squad would be a great bonus.

If he goes to Leeds or Reading that would be BAD news.

Come on Tony make it happen

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Don't recall him being signed anywhere yesterday and doesn't need to be within the transfer window.

Really should be going all out to get him, Reading have done well this window. We have a sublime lineup and some decent cover but a Robbie Keane in the team/squad would be a great bonus.

But have Reading done well? Yes ok they have signed a few well known players, but they will all have to integrate into the team very quickly to make a big difference this season. May be they will, may be they won't, but overall I' ha;ppier with our squad of players, all of whom know each other inside out, and can rely on one another to the end. Moreover I'm not at all sure having that number of loan signings in a squad is a very good thing either.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Why ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We don't need Keane though we got Akpom in.

Lampard had also yet to sign for anyone.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Reading haven't signed anyone who would get in our side. Find it odd how lauded they have been over their signings yesterday. Grabban has hardly played football the last 18 months and hasn't scored since 2015.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We don't need Keane though we got Akpom in.

Lampard had also yet to sign for anyone.
Lampard 'turned us down' according to some articles yesterday - because he thought he wouldn't walk straight into our midfield.

Perhaps he wanted more of a guaranteed selection than we would give, but it does at least tell us we sounded him out.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Lampard 'turned us down' according to some articles yesterday - because he thought he wouldn't walk straight into our midfield.

Perhaps he wanted more of a guaranteed selection than we would give, but it does at least tell us we sounded him out.

If you had told me 5 years ago, that in 2017 Frank Lampard would be turning us down because he didn't think he was good enough to guarantee a starting place, I would of died of laughter.

Oh how times of changed & I am loving the ride. UTA

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Reading haven't signed anyone who would get in our side. Find it odd how lauded they have been over their signings yesterday. Grabban has hardly played football the last 18 months and hasn't scored since 2015.

Exactly. If we'd signed Grabban or Mutch, I think the majority on here would have been underwhelmed yet because they sign for Reading you'd think they were the best players in the world. Oxford and Popa, the Romanian international, are more interesting signings but still have no Championship experience.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

signed for Mansfield...

46eab230-20e3-11e6-b5bf-cbddcab46ad5_oldman4.jpg

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You can't buy this in the transfer window and keeping the team dynamic by not introducing a "superstar" is the most important thing.
CwhK_4KWIAAUh-I.jpg

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19

He's been in my bar giving interviews a couple of times in the last few weeks. I'll try and ask him if he's in again.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Frank Lampard is 38, Robbie Keane, 36, neither player can go on forever. Frankly we have enough experience in our squad already, I'd prefer younger and hungrier talent.

Both players have pretty much won whatever there is to win in the game. Time to hang up their boots perhaps?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I think a player who is unattached can sign for any club at any time. Both Lampard & Keane are out of contract having returned from the US but I don't think we need either now though.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Murray said they trust Hughton to bring in the right people, the way his article reads the current squad wouldn't be happy with a billy big bollocks type coming into the dressing room so don't think the OAP's will be signing on the dotted line for us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Yep they have signed a superstar money grabban.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Murray said they trust Hughton to bring in the right people, the way his article reads the current squad wouldn't be happy with a billy big bollocks type coming into the dressing room so don't think the OAP's will be signing on the dotted line for us.

Was it ever a real possibility in the first place, or just idle gossip? I rather think the latter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here