Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there some cracks beginning to show?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It's very odd this whole thing isn't it.

I guess that the way they would have to win would be to prove that they didn't do what he said. Seeing as they haven't been able to prove anything then I guess as long as it is his thoughts and not written as fact then you can understand why in the eyes of the law they are happy.

It does surprise me that they would take the money from the fund though as surely that was given for the search rather than paying personal legal costs (whether they relate to Maddie or not)?

I am sure the coverage will fill the fund up more though and maybe one day we will actually know what happened.

Horrible state of affairs for a young girl no matter what happened or who was to blame

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As a parent, having to suffer this kind of loss would be unimaginable, I nearly lost one of mine a year ago in an accident, but there would have been closure in my case.
Just not knowing and imagining a future which may not be very pleasant for your missing child would be debilitating in the extreme, especially as there is nothing you can do about it.
She should never have been left alone, for that there is no excuse, but the heartache must be torture.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It's very odd this whole thing isn't it.

I guess that the way they would have to win would be to prove that they didn't do what he said. Seeing as they haven't been able to prove anything then I guess as long as it is his thoughts and not written as fact then you can understand why in the eyes of the law they are happy.

It does surprise me that they would take the money from the fund though as surely that was given for the search rather than paying personal legal costs (whether they relate to Maddie or not)?
This is what I find particularly odd about this. There seems to be more of an attempt to clear their name than find their daughter. I have always suspected they know more than they let off, not as far as say they killed her but I certainly feel as though they've got something to hide.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I find the whole saga strange. What I find most strange is the way the public seemingly overlook the fact they left their child unaccompanied at the apartment whilst they ate and drank in a restaurant. Had a working class family done this the reaction would be quite different.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I find the whole saga strange. What I find most strange is the way the public seemingly overlook the fact they left their child unaccompanied at the apartment whilst they ate and drank in a restaurant. Had a working class family done this the reaction would be quite different.

As always....nonsense spoken by you.

Since when did the public "overlook the fact they left their child unattended".....?

One day it would be good to read a post of yours that wasn't full of utter crap.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've got a DVD with the same title of this thread!

Yeah seen it just google "Are there some cracks beginning to show?" photo image and guess what this is up there.....

Not quite what I was expecting... :)

Attachments

• nsclogo.gif
    nsclogo.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,335

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Legal decision goes against the McCann family. They seem most annoyed that their fund will now not be boosted by half a mill damages from the ex police chief, and may even be depleted if they have to pay costs. Maybe the story can take its natural course now, rather than the one directed by the parents?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2750157/maddie-mccanns-parents-legal-bill-wipe-search-funds/

Must admit they do seem someone obsessed with litigation, but its their money

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Legal decision goes against the McCann family. They seem most annoyed that their fund will now not be boosted by half a mill damages from the ex police chief, and may even be depleted if they have to pay costs. Maybe the story can take its natural course now, rather than the one directed by the parents?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2750157/maddie-mccanns-parents-legal-bill-wipe-search-funds/

Maybe if the Police officer in charge had a more open mind to what could have happenend, rather than just assuming the parents were behind it, the case would be resolved now?

Personally, if I had reported my child missing, and not only did the Police fail to find them, but they placed me as the chief suspect, I would be a bit pissed off to say the least. If then later, the lead investigator, the one that failed to conduct full enquiries, then wrote a book, making money, using my missing childs image on the cover, telling the readers that although it could not be proven, it was me that had killed and hidden the body of my daughter, I don't know if I would be able to contain my anger towards him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Since when did the public "overlook the fact they left their child unattended".....? .

When they were donating over 2 million quid is one "when". I struggle to believe a working class family would have had as much public support. Far from it.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
There is a very plausible theory that they pacified her with a drug of some sort each evening, which they had easy access to as doctors, so she would sleep, because she was a light sleeper and a bit of a handful, but they failed to correctly calculate the half life of the drug, and the tail off of the sedative effect of each dose. After several consecutive doses, with tail offs still in the system, the compound effect finally took over, and that was that, allegedly.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Herr Tubthumper;7780712 I struggle to believe a working class family would have had as much public support. Far from it.[/QUOTE said:
The Class Card again. You struggle to believe it because you don't want to - it suits your agenda.

How do you quantify 'working class' anyway? Is there a level of pay that marks a dividing line? Background? Accent?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I thought the dividing line was that working class people have dinner in the middle of the day, but middle class people have dinner in the evening.

Is there another definition then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here