Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worlds Hardest Creature X: Second round, match 6; Bullet Ant vs Hippo

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Smallest competitor against the largest competitor. Lets see where this one goes.

48 hours, two beasts, one vote, one winner. Think carefully.

The combatants:

Bullet Ant

bullet-ant.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraponera_clavata

Road to second round:

Group D: tie 3rd (15 votes)

The bullet ant,so called because it sting feels like being shot. Has a powerful bite too. Can shriek. Will sting like a maniac when its pissed off. I've not got a lot else on this little fella. He needs his champions to be vociferous. So if you are a fan of the bullet ant, make it known.

VS

Hippo

6b242cba0e927220fc73d59a5cad9e3f.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippopotamus

Road to second round:

Group A: 2nd (19 votes)

This bad tempered brute lives among some of the most fearsome animals in the world and more than holds his own. A mostly herbivorous beast the Hippo has no real predators or any particular reason to fight. But fight it does. And it fights for the heck of it, the sheer thrill of the fight. Lions? Yep, it'll have a go. For no reason. Crocs? Yep, it'll ruck if it wants to. Humans? Absolutely. Passing boats? Yeah, why not pile into it? He's just a big, bad tempered unpredictable ******* that will fight and usually beat anything and everything.

Oct 25, 2003
yeah hipppos are bloody mental. Surely the fact that they'll take on ANYTHING (and by 'anything' I include most of the deadliest animals on the planet) will see them through

Easy decision this one.

The Hippo wouldn’t even feel the bite of the tiny ant and would just step on it, game over.

As for being hard, if I saw an ant I’d just take off my shoe and **** it with it, try doing that to a Hippo.

Hippo wins.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Easy decision this one.

The Hippo wouldn’t even feel the bite of the tiny ant and would just step on it, game over.

As for being hard, if I saw an ant I’d just take off my shoe and **** it with it, try doing that to a Hippo.

Hippo wins.

I don't think you understand how WHC works. :nono:

Saying that, Hippo for me too.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
As with many things in life, size isn't everything.

An ant-sized hippo would be NOTHING.

Can you imagine the sheer knicker-wetting fear that would be engendered by the sight and sound of a hippo-sized bullet ant screaming like a Banshee as it bears down on you to deliver the most painful sting on the planet?

This is a no-brainer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The hippo has been undervalued for far too long in this competition. I'm backing it this year along with the turtle.

If you're stuck alone in a room with an ant or a hippo, which one will kill you?

The hippo has been undervalued for far too long in this competition. I'm backing it this year along with the turtle.

If you're stuck alone in a room with an ant or a hippo, which one will kill you?

This.

I don't think that the STING of a Bullet ant would get thoguh the thick skin of a Hippo. Hippo all the way.

And This

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The easiest way to define hardness, imagine each contender the size of a dog(Alsation), then, which would you rather fight.

So, the winner is the Ant for me.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
A boat I was in got chased by a Hippo. I couldn't believe how quick it was. I was staring out about 50 meters away where I predicted it was when it surfaced by the side of the boat and frightened the f@@k out of me. Their sheer belligerence wins it for me.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Despite its size working against it in my opinion, I still think the Hippo is the harder of these two beasts. Picking a fight for no real reason at all is an impressive hardness trait in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here