Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next year...

Claretnblue

Apr 29, 2016
Hello ,

Hope you're all well;

Big burnley fan here . Just wanted to say congratulations on the season so far . U deserve it after last year and I personallly think you will win the league .

I just wondered what your thoughts were as a neutral club as to how you see next year in the premier league for you boys, and for us as perhaps a rival?

Opinions appreciated :)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Pleasant post thanks but we're not there yet. I plan for another couple of months of not counting chickens.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Ask me on the 8th May.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I doubt Burnley will ever be considered our rivals. Most of us (i presume) are happy seeing you lot do well in the Prem and getting good crowds in incomparison to the actual population of Burnley.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I doubt Burnley will ever be considered our rivals. Most of us (i presume) are happy seeing you lot do well in the Prem and getting good crowds in incomparison to the actual population of Burnley.

He meant rivals for survival I would assume, unless it's a troll.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Not so long as they have that thug on their books.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If we finished 9th up there i'd still be focused on survival the season after.

I'm a believer that once we're there, we staying for the long term. I can see us doing what Southampton have done but in an even better way where we don't get bought out the second a player has his first good touch. I can see us doing a Leicester or Nottingham Forest. Call me daft but had you said the Albion will be top of the Championship getting crowds of 28/30,000 8 years ago, most would have mocked you for it. So just think what we might be able to achieve once we're in the Prem.

With the Albion finally playing at Falmer, anything is now possible (including relegation)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm a believer that once we're there, we staying for the long term. I can see us doing what Southampton have done but in an even better way where we don't get bought out the second a player has his first good touch. I can see us doing a Leicester or Nottingham Forest. Call me daft but had you said the Albion will be top of the Championship getting crowds of 28/30,000 8 years ago, most would have mocked you for it. So just think what we might be able to achieve once we're in the Prem.

With the Albion finally playing at Falmer, anything is now possible (including relegation)

Would Hull City say the same? yeah they've done Prem but struggle big time, despite the shiny new(ish) KC Stadium.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Would Hull City say the same? yeah they've done Prem but struggle big time, despite the shiny new(ish) KC Stadium.

If you were some Italian wonder kid, brought up in Rome. Where would you rather move to, Brighton or Hull?

Hull has a shiny stadium too, I agree. But that really is all Hull City can use to sign players. We, on the other hand, have the Sea-life centre, the i-tower, Hove Museum, Fatboy slims house and many other great city attractions which will tempt foreign players to our club more so than Hull.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
If you were some Italian wonder kid, brought up in Rome. Where would you rather move to, Brighton or Hull?

Hull has a shiny stadium too, I agree. But that really is all Hull City can use to sign players. We, on the other hand, have the Sea-life centre, the i-tower, Hove Museum, Fatboy slims house and many other great city attractions which will tempt foreign players to our club more so than Hull.

On top of that, if you want to attract players and make them go "wow" drive them in on the Falmer Road from Woodingdean (maybe blindfold them for the bit through Woodingdean itself - only joking) - then watch their face as the Amex appears from nowhere from behind the hill - catches me every time I drive along that road - a beautiful sight, a thing of wonder! :clap:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

And a world class music venue in the Concorde 2, our world famous beach, the Foredown camera obscura, Beachy Head nearby, the West Pier, the Booth Bird Museum, George Street Hove for shopping and finally to top it all off a rail service that is only an hour away from London. Any world class footballer couldn't fail to be swayed by that lot, could they?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
And a world class music venue in the Concorde 2, our world famous beach, the Foredown camera obscura, Beachy Head nearby, the West Pier, the Booth Bird Museum, George Street Hove for shopping and finally to top it all off a rail service that is only an hour away from London. Any world class footballer couldn't fail to be swayed by that lot, could they?

Might fall down there?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

:lolol:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Of course not. I hear the Foredown camera obscura has tipped the balance of many a tight negotiation in our favour already.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here