Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

In the context of the overall Championship Activity, how happy are you with our business?

How happy are you with our Jan transfer window businesses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Simple question.. poll to follow

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Think the club has strengthened where it has been needed and have every confidence in the players that have been brought in. From a neutral perspective, I'd say Reading have done the best business over the window: Lewis Grabban, Reece Oxford, Jordan Mutch, Adrian Popa and Tiago Ilori are all players that will have a major impact on their fortunes over the coming months.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
7/10

Positives.

1. Bringing back Walton as back-up for Stockdale is great for the player and hopefully the team should he get on.

2. Tomori could be a future Premier League star, hopefully he'll be a great back up for Bruno whilst Liam battles for fitness.

3. Akpom could be another Premier League star of the future. Gives Baldock some breathing space to get 100% fit whilst providing good competition.

4. Murray is a great signing. So nice to know he is ours.

5. Good to get rid of some players (for whatever reason) who may not have helped team morale. Good luck to JFC, Rohan & Kaz. Don't care about Elvis playing for the Eagles.

Negatives

I think we had space for an Attacking Midfielder/Secondary Striker, Zac Clough may have been a good fit.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the quality of the usual starting 11, the window was more about securing better back up options if there were available to provide cover for injuries and options from the bench. We now have 2 players for each position.

I'm happy

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Option 3, Reading have strengthened and we have signed a couple of youngsters who dont look up to much.

Think we might come to rue not gettinng in someone with a bit of quality.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Very happy. Most important thing was to not lose anyone. We didn't and brought in a suitable player to cover/challenge Baldock. A small shame we didn't throw a load of money at that player, however, spending north of 8 million for a player who may not be good enough next year does seem a bit foolish.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Very good overall.

A 26 man squad including 4 goalies seems a little small to cover an injury crisis, so perhaps one more incoming player would have been ideal.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Strengthened where we needed to without spending daft money or upsetting the balance of the squad with a big name/ego/vanity signing. We're in good shape.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Happy with us and happy with a lot of the other transfers.

Sheff Wed - -we have 6 from 6 this season from them, hopefully Rhodes will help beat some of the other top 6
Villa - Its a long time before we play them and hopefully it will all be over by then
Brentford - Will be weakened for Sunday, I know they stuffed Villa last night but the must have been up for it after Hogan swapped teams.
Barnsley - Much weaker than when they beat Leeds so we have more of a chance up there

Its up to us to win 10 games now, that's all

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The most important thing – no one left. Players coming in / signing permanently was a bonus.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Sheff Wed - -we have 6 from 6 this season from them, hopefully Rhodes will help beat some of the other top 6
Villa - Its a long time before we play them and hopefully it will all be over by then
Brentford - Will be weakened for Sunday, I know they stuffed Villa last night but the must have been up for it after Hogan swapped teams.
Barnsley - Much weaker than when they beat Leeds so we have more of a chance up there

Reading?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Football League to rule this morning on whether or not Jordan Rhodes transfer to Massive beat the deadline.

Questions on whether documentation completed by 11 pm.

Potential litigation nightmare if it's not clear cut is my guess.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Reading and Leeds are our two main competitors besides Newcastle, and they have both strengthened numerically in the window. Reading have got 5 new players but may have difficulty assimilating them into an already successful squad. Leeds remain vulnerable if Wood gets crocked (astonishingly). Our key incomers are the two premiershit youngsters - if they come off we will have really strengthened in the window and the re-signing of Murray and return of Walton are both excellent moves.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here