Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had a chat with a nice old bloke who supported Birmingham City all his life

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
An absolute wealth of knowledge. Love it. Love what they've done with the companies. Exciting times to be a Bluenose.

Poor *******s.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I know a guy who's a Blues nut and he tells me if they get it right up there they'd be the biggest club in the Championship and St Andrews would be packed to the rafters every week. A crying shame to see such a big club with such poor ownership.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I know a guy who's a Blues nut and he tells me if they get it right up there they'd be the biggest club in the Championship and St Andrews would be packed to the rafters every week. A crying shame to see such a big club with such poor ownership.

Don't be stupid, have they never heard of Leeds or Wednesday? Not just Yorkshire giants!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And to think where they were in the table before they played us and the appointment of Zola. (is it now 10 games without a win)

Their fans could have been enjoying being above Villa in the table and pushing for promotion via the play offs, now they are in freefall and seem to have their parachute in the hangae.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
i know a guy who's a blues nut and he tells me if they get it right up there they'd be the biggest club in the championship and st andrews would be packed to the rafters every week. A crying shame to see such a big club with such poor ownership.

a mess.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've been doing some sums and I don't think they have got one trillion trophies. Taking the Jules Rimet as a typical weight for a football trophy, one trillion of them would weigh 6,175,000,000 metric tonnes or 6,075,892,857 imperial tons. That's about 7 times more than both Twin Towers put together or 3 times as much as Neil Ruddock. And the intrinsic gold scrap metal value of these trophies would be $189,590,073,709,538,000 which is around 2,500 times bigger than the world GDP.

And where do they find the time to enter into one trillion tournaments? Anyone else think they might be telling porkies?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've been doing some sums and I don't think they have got one trillion trophies. Taking the Jules Rimet as a typical weight for a football trophy, one trillion of them would weigh 6,175,000,000 metric tonnes or 6,075,892,857 imperial tons. That's about 7 times more than both Twin Towers put together or 3 times as much as Neil Ruddock. And the intrinsic gold scrap metal value of these trophies would be $189,590,073,709,538,000 which is around 2,500 times bigger than the world GDP.

Geez! All those numbers! Are you Rachel Riley in disguise?

Sorry, but I'd prefer the real one!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well they do seem a tad fair weathered up there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If this proud club are going to survive and prosper, I fear Zola needs to go now. They are falling down the table at an alarming rate. Not inconceivable that if they keep losing game after game, that they could get drawn in to a relegation scrap by the end of the season.

Incredible when you think that when we played up there just a few short weeks ago, they were still well in the race for the play-offs.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove

And where do they find the time to enter into one trillion tournaments? Anyone else think they might be telling porkies?

Too much time on your hands :) Maybe that's how they managed one trillion tournanments.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

In Chinese folklore a man allegedly has "1,000 trophies." A billion chinese would have a trillion trophies.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When we played Birmingham, some of their fans were wearing Rowett masks, in protest against the new owners and Zola. They must be tearing their hair out now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A nice enough guy, and let's face it any mate of Gus's is a mate of mine, but after brief spells managing West Ham, Watford, and now Birmingham. and failing at them all, isn't it about time Gianfranco Zola realises he is just not cut out for foot ball management?

Still, if misguided club owners want to continue to appoint him, and pay him mega bucks for the privilege, it isn't his problem I suppose.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've been doing some sums and I don't think they have got one trillion trophies. Taking the Jules Rimet as a typical weight for a football trophy, one trillion of them would weigh 6,175,000,000 metric tonnes or 6,075,892,857 imperial tons. That's about 7 times more than both Twin Towers put together or 3 times as much as Neil Ruddock.
:lol:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Is this the guy that owns them ? Cool song :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here