Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Huddersfield

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It looks like we're all finished on transfer deadline day, so here is my wild stab at a team to play against the Terriers:

Stockdale

Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Pocognoli

Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Murphy

Murray-Hemed​

Subs: Walton, Tomori, Goldson, March, Sidwell, Norwood, Akpom.

Akpom on the bench as he's only just arrived, Baldock won't probably be risked now we've got Chubby. Kayal and Stephens reunited in the middle, Kayal links well with his best mate Tomer. The only real headache was on the left wing. March has been hit and miss when starting but has done well off the bench, Skalak has dipped a bit, the assists have dried up for now. It left me with Murphy who is a pretty consistent 6 or 7 out of 10 every week with the option of bringing on Solly if we need to push on.

Big game this, we'll have to play at our best to get something.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hemed & Murray really lacks pace - I'd prefer Akpom to have a run out if Baldock isn't fit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I would be tempted to start Akpom if Baldock is iffy.

Hemed & Murray really lacks pace - I'd prefer Akpom to have a run out if Baldock isn't fit.
I'm sure we'll see Akpom at some stage on Thursday, but I have a feeling that Hughton will go with the tried and tested at least to begin with.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
------------------- Stockdale -------------------
Bruno ---- Duffy ----- Dunk ---- Pocognoli
Knockaert -- Kayal -- Stephens -- Skalak
----------- Hemed --------- Murray -----------

Subs: Walton, Tomori, Goldson, Sidwell/Norwood, Murphy, March, Akpom

I'd rather March started instead of Skalak, but suspect Skalak will start for dead balls and defensive security. At the very least, we want to avoid a defeat. We also need to think about Brentford, when Baldock might be available to play some part.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Murray and Hemed did alright against :lolol:
And, as others have said, Akpom will be eased in. Not only is he not familiar with our players, system, etc, he's just coming back from a three/four month injury

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Problem is Murrray and Hemed cannot operate together. Give Akpom the No10 role

Yes they can, and I think they will. With Jiri on the left,

Skalak offers us something from set pieces, which could be our best shot away at Hudds. Good deliveries for Murray, Hemed, Dunk and Duffy to challenge for. Who'd like to stop that lot? Scary!

If it isn't working, bring on Akpom and March to run at them,

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Think you are probably right, either way at least we have some options again
It's great seeing a couple of players on the bench who can come on and worry the opposition with a bit of pace and trickery. Having Bruno back is massive for us, most teams seem to want to double up on Knockaert which allows Bruno that extra bit of space to play.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stockdale

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Pocognoli

Knockaert
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Murray
Akpom

Subs
Walton
Tomori
Goldson
Norwood
March
Hemed
Skalak

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale
Bruno...Duffy...Dunk....Pocognoli
Knockaert......Norwood.....Stephens....March
Akpom....Murray.
Subs: Walton Goldson Tomori, Sidwell, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed

I do however expect CH to start with Murray and Hemed and have Akpom on the bench.

Last edited:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
There is no way Akpom will start, away from home, a few days after joining, after a long injury layoff, and when Hemel & Murray have being doing OK together. I'm sure he'll be on the bench and I think over the next few games that is where he is going to have to earn his starting place from.

Skalak on the left for me away from home. He's been out of form for a while but CH has kept the faith with him and has already shown this season that he will (quite rightly) allow players to play their way back into form, a la Bong & Baldock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here