Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Murray/CMS fiasco

Irish Gin

Oct 20, 2014
Brighton
As everyone, I'm delighted that we signed Muzza back on a permanent basis, but you have also got to laugh about the nature of how it all happened.

We favoured CMS, who is now back at Peterborough on loan and can't get into Luton's side. He cost us £3.75 million, and we let him go for free. We also let Murray go on a free, but now bought him back for £3 million!

That is football, but it's safe to say that Gus and others ****ed that one up for the sake of another 100k per anum in wages!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Less of the "We", I thought it was a shit choice from the moment Gus' master plan became clear. CMS was not fit today lace GM's boots.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
i think maybe its time to move on :shrug:

...but please post more often
5da195c942110ffde198e61682208139.jpg
bought these ready for the next visit to yours [emoji23] [emoji106]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We didn't pay £3.75 mil for CMS. CMS also did pay back some of that price by scoring a fair amount of goals in his first 2 seasons. Football isn't as black and white as you're making out. But isn't hindsight a wonderful thing...?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The same people snagged knocky this time last year for 2 measly million and could now sell him for probably 15 million. Shit happens

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
But after watching CMS banging in the goals for Peterborough that season I don't recall much moaning at the time. It is just one of those things how it has worked out.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Maybe for the best.
Murray left and got more experience in the Championship and Premier League.
He's come back a better player and he's doing a great job right now.

:shrug:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As everyone, I'm delighted that we signed Muzza back on a permanent basis, but you have also got to laugh about the nature of how it all happened.

We favoured CMS, who is now back at Peterborough on loan and can't get into Luton's side. He cost us £3.75 million, and we let him go for free. We also let Murray go on a free, but now bought him back for £3 million!

That is football, but it's safe to say that Gus and others ****ed that one up for the sake of another 100k per anum in wages!

Even Sir Alex Fergie messed it up a few times ( Beardsley, Pogba ) and we certainly wouldn't be the first club to let a player go and buy him back later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here