Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Handful of tickets left for Newcastle and ticket exchange now active

The availability for this game was briefly mentioned in a different thread, but the fact there are no few available 4 weeks before the game I thought was worthy of a mention on it's own.

Of course, the club usually release a few more pockets of seats as time passes, but looking at whats currently on offer and the fact that Newcastle have received an allocation just short of 2700 suggests there may be precious few extra released.

None of the disabled front row seats have been generally released online, nor have the 1901 seats is the ESL. Whether they will or not is anyones guess.

What has been released nice and early is 'The Shelf'. It's coded as a family area so guess you need to take a kid with you here, but all other family areas appear sold, so this is a good value option for a cracking seat that is rarely available for general sale.

Even though it's on TV and a Tuesday evening, I would have thought Newcastle would sell out their allocation. Someone who knows their travelling numbers better may suggest otherwise. Point being though, I can't see any more tickets coming available in the south or ESL unless the club can shrink on the 5 column segregation.

Currently available:-

North: 0
WSL: 29
WSU: 12
South: 97 (about 35 pairs remain in S1F
ESL: 16
ESU: 16
The Shelf: 129 (family)

You need a purchase history for this one. If you want to sit with your mates and ain't got a kid with you, I reckon you will need to get in in the next couple of hours or play seat lottery and hold your breath in case any more are released.

Saying that, I'm sure the club will have the exchange up and running soon which considering it's a Tuesday night and on the telly could mean a couple of thousand extra if marketed well.

Let's hope Southern offer a decent service that night!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
gipfffhy.gif

The club have now released the disabled front row seats in the North and the northern ends of both WSL and ESL as well as a few in the ESU. When these are made available it usually indicates we are down to the last dregs of availability. Once these have gone, apart from the Toon army not taking their full allocation, it will have to be the season ticket exchange.

North: 47
Shelf: 53
WSL: 35
WSU: 2
South: 20
ESL: 31
ESU: 13

201 to go

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Good to hear. Thank you for the updates KC.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Brighton away tickets went on sale this morning for Newcastle fans . apparently have sold out in 6 hours , so that should make a nice full house for this one

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Brighton away tickets went on sale this morning for Newcastle fans . apparently have sold out in 6 hours , so that should make a nice full house for this one

What's their allocation? 2k?

Considering the entire ground is rammed already with 3 weeks to go, can't imagine we'd give them any more.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yep i've just had a look.

School shelf and most disabled seats gone, they've opened up disabled seats in E1A which are the few tickets which remain and a few scattered singles.

Expect this to be announced as a sell out and ticket exchange to kick in imminently.

Don't know why we've done them the favour of an extra 700 seats over and above the 2000 we are obligated to give. Pretty sure we could have sold 700 tickets in 3 weeks especially when you consider 29k+ albion fans will attend the Burton game.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

School shelf and most disabled seats gone, they've opened up disabled seats in E1A which are the few tickets which remain and a few scattered singles.

Expect this to be announced as a sell out and ticket exchange to kick in imminently.

Don't know why we've done them the favour of an extra 700 seats over and above the 2000 we are obligated to give. Pretty sure we could have sold 700 tickets in 3 weeks especially when you consider 29k+ albion fans will attend the Burton game.

My guess would be that a lot of people won't attend due to being a week night...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I suppose the club needs to balance maximising total ticket sale income with keeping enough tickets for home fans. I don't know how far in advance we had to let Newcastle know how many tickets they'd receive. (or come to that, how many bargain £10 tickets we've shifted for the Burton game).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I suppose the club needs to balance maximising total ticket sale income with keeping enough tickets for home fans. I don't know how far in advance we had to let Newcastle know how many tickets they'd receive. (or come to that, how many bargain £10 tickets we've shifted for the Burton game).

Wouldn't it have been worth going in low first? Allocate 2000 with room for more depending on ticket sales.

If we had done that, there's no way we'd have been giving them more.

Slight blunder in my opinion, in a game we need at least a point from.

Not quite true. They have been on sale since last week, but today the points threshold dropped to zero for season ticket holders. Nothing on the Geordies website yet about a sell out. They are pretty good at updating ticket sales.

As for the away allocation. We have given them less than Villa or Norwich. Being a Tuesday night on TV I think this is the right call. When the ST exchange kicks in I'm sure there will be enough for everyone who wants one.

37 currently available online

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here