Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield V Man City

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Newcastle, BHA & Leeds all managed to get out of the FA Cup. Poor Huddersfield now have a big money spinner against Pep.
I'm not asking whether we should still be in it, rather will Huddersfields thoughts be elsewhere during their league games.
For most of their team and supporters, Man City is quite possibly the biggest game for quite a while.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Doubt it, the fixture isnt until the 18th. If anything this may spur them on a bit more, beat the top team, maintain momentum going towards a big match with City.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Newcastle, BHA & Leeds all managed to get out of the FA Cup. Poor Huddersfield now have a big money spinner against Pep.
I'm not asking whether we should still be in it, rather will Huddersfields thoughts be elsewhere during their league games.
For most of their team and supporters, Man City is quite possibly the biggest game for quite a while.

It can go one of 2 ways, players want to be picked so try even harder in the preceding games, or they don't want to get booked or injured in a preceding league game and potentially miss out on the cup match (the closer it gets to the fixture, the more likely it will be the 2nd one of the 2 imo)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The League schedule for February is crackers. Both us and Hudds are playing on the 2nd, 5th, 11th, 14th, 18th (their Cup game), 25th and 28th. Imagine fitting a replay into that lot if they draw with Citeh, AND they've still got to reschedule their game with Reading that they would've played on the 18th.

We're best off out of it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I feel a state of dejavu here.

Town were top of the league by 12 points under Steve Bruce, heading for the prem. they were drawn against Liverpool in the cup and it became a " let's see how far we have come and what we will expect next year" type of game.

Town lost 2-0 at home and went on a spectacular crash and ended up missing out at Fulham at the end of the season. I was there!

Everyone said that instead of giving the club a huge lift by playing a very good prem side, it had the opposite effect.

Putting my 43 years a fan albion hat on, I still think if we win at hudds, we will be promoted automatically. We only have a few really tough games and I think this is the hardest one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here