Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karanka doing a Poyet

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
again? how many times will he throw his toys out the pram?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Doing a Poyet? Maybe my memory fails me, but I don't remember Poyet ever lashing out at the board for not signing players. There was a cryptic comment about ceilings made after the season ended, if that's what you mean, but hardly in the same ballpark as Karanka is doing (for the second time)

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'd love Middlesbrough to go down, and if we get promoted too I may just have to go back there and walk around the city centre with my Albion shirt on and laugh in their faces.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I didnt think of it as a Poyet. Much more as doing a Karanka from last season

Exactly!

As mentioned earlier, there was one "ceiling" comment from Poyet, but it's hardly on the same level as the annual Karanka meltdown.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'd love Middlesbrough to go down, and if we get promoted too I may just have to go back there and walk around the city centre with my Albion shirt on and laugh in their faces.

Yes. And shout things like "haha you lost" and "your Lancashire accents sound weird" and other nonsensical drivel.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teams in our position are signing players for £14 million – we are signing players that didn’t play in the Championship [Gestede]. “Patrick didn’t play for almost 18 months, so I don’t think it is an amazing improvement. We can see, and the people who know Patrick, know that he is not currently the same as he was 18 months ago.

“If we are expecting that Patrick was going to arrive and score five goals straight away then we are making a big mistake because he is not ready now.

This is amazing. Obviously he's unhappy at other players not signing for them, but these comments are hardly laying out the welcome mat for Bamford and Gestede, are they? Yeah, thanks for coming lads, but you've not improved our squad at all. I bet Rhodes felt the cold chill of a Karanka welcome too when he signed. Terrible man-management skills.

Somebody should really make it clear to him that there's a reason other (i.e. good) players aren't signing for Boro and it's not because of Steve Gibson's lack of effort: it's because the club are pretty unattractive by virtue of being (a) relegation candidates; (b) based in what by almost any measure is one of Britain's worst towns; and (c) managed by a whinging Tiny Tears who flounces out at the slightest hint of things going pear shaped.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bloody hell he'd not happy about Pat Bamford is he? Boro fought off at least half a dozen clubs to sign him.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia

There's a reason other (i.e. good) players aren't signing for Boro and it's not because of Steve Gibson's lack of effort: it's because the club are pretty unattractive by virtue of being (a) relegation candidates; (b) based in what by almost any measure is one of Britain's worst towns; and (c) managed by a whinging Tiny Tears who flounces out at the slightest hint of things going pear shaped.

To be fair, they did sign several big name players (Victor Valdes, Negredo and Barragan). Those points are still valid though

el punal

Please, a bit of taste and decorum. We Brighton fans are well above that sort of nonsense. I may be biased here, but every Boro fan I've met has been really friendly and complimentary about us. If the boot was on the other foot I would be seriously p***ed off if a "rival" fan did what you are suggesting. Anyway, it's a bloody long way to Middlesbrough, I would rather spend my time and money on something more constructive. :nono:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Please, a bit of taste and decorum. We Brighton fans are well above that sort of nonsense. I may be biased here, but every Boro fan I've met has been really friendly and complimentary about us. If the boot was on the other foot I would be seriously p***ed off if a "rival" fan did what you are suggesting. Anyway, it's a bloody long way to Middlesbrough, I would rather spend my time and money on something more constructive. :nono:

You clearly didn't walk back through Middlesbrough city centre after the last game of last season then.

el punal

You clearly didn't walk back through Middlesbrough city centre after the last game of last season then.

No, true. But I can only speak as I find. Over the last few years, living in Southampton, I've had the poor, l'il old Brighton mockery thrown in my face. Not now though, as we're on the cusp of something unbelievable. Respect is due and is on its way. As for your Boro experience, if things pan out well with us going up and they coming down, sit down with a nice pint, look at the League tables and have a really good gloat. So much more relaxing and feeling that inner glow as well. :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here