Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If everyone around us strengthens .....

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I hope so but I do feel if we really wanted to make sure, we potentially could have gambled on one big signing. I am not ungrateful, I just feel that we gambled with this in the past and it bit us hard. Being in the position we are in, it should have been easier for us to negotiate a deal for some of the players we have seen signed by our rivals.

Having said that we do have a good squad, a squad that play as a team and this truly is a great time for our beloved club going forward. So I remain positive, I am interested to see how some of the signings work out for the other clubs. Leeds & Reading have in theory strengthened with some good players on paper, will they work out? we will find out soon enough. UTA.

Who? Who would you have taken that one of our rivals has signed?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Norwich and Villa I get but Sheffield Wed :lolol: still spunking large sums out is incredible! As we've already played Sheffield Wed twice and Villa away is our promotion party this could weaken the teams they still have to play which is good news. No matter we are going up no doubt this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sheff Wed and Villa making signings can only benefit us by them beating the teams in the top 6 but it is down to us to do the same. starting on Thursday. All those games against Newcastle,Reading, Leeds and Huddersfield are must not lose rather than vital to win but obviously a couple of wins would help especially the 2 home games

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Norwich and Villa I get but Sheffield Wed :lolol: still spunking large sums out is incredible! As we've already played Sheffield Wed twice and Villa away is our promotion party this could weaken the teams they still have to play which is good news. No matter we are going up no doubt this season.

Massive are taking decent steps to promotion if they can sustain it another season or two. If they sign Rhodes, despite the criticisms on here, he will score goals for them and gives them a real chance even this season in the playoffs. They would be my bet in the playoffs unless villa crash the party which assumes bruce beds in the quality they have brought in quickly.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I hope so but I do feel if we really wanted to make sure, we potentially could have gambled on one big signing. I am not ungrateful, I just feel that we gambled with this in the past and it bit us hard. Being in the position we are in, it should have been easier for us to negotiate a deal for some of the players we have seen signed by our rivals.

Having said that we do have a good squad, a squad that play as a team and this truly is a great time for our beloved club going forward. So I remain positive, I am interested to see how some of the signings work out for the other clubs. Leeds & Reading have in theory strengthened with some good players on paper, will they work out? we will find out soon enough. UTA.

We needed a striker, we signed a striker. Baldock is playing well and is perfect for this team. A big money signing like Hogan may not pressurise defences in the way Baldock does and would impact our style of play. Akpom hopefully will work and will be happy competing with Baldock rather than expect to be automatic first choice.

Your post does sound extremely ungrateful despite what you say. We have kept last season's team and strengthened significantly in the summer so we didn't need anything except a striker. Barring a horrendous amount of injuries (more than we had last season), we are set for the rest of the season.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Villa away is our promotion party? I think you need to take a reality check mate we still have some very tricky fixtures we are not over the line yet!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
13 goals in 60 games over last 2 and a half seasons (including 0 in 18 this season). Yes, Reading are really going for it.

Stats dont always show the true picture as I think that he would have been a good cover for SB had we not got Chuba. Plus they have signed Reece Oxford, Jordan Mutch a defender from Liverpool and Striker from FC Steaua Bucarest all seem good signings.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Stats dont always show the true picture as I think that he would have been a good cover for SB had we not got Chuba. Plus they have signed Reece Oxford, Jordan Mutch a defender from Liverpool and Striker from FC Steaua Bucarest all seem good signings.

Be interesting to see how they fit in. Boro did this last year and they were a worse side for it. You can only play 11 and name 18 in a squad and to many can upset the apple cart.
Reading are 3rd and playing a certain way and doing it well. Now they have 5 new faces to get into the squad. They may all gel and improve them but throwing money around doesn't guarantee success

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Be interesting to see how they fit in. Boro did this last year and they were a worse side for it. You can only play 11 and name 18 in a squad and to many can upset the apple cart.
Reading are 3rd and playing a certain way and doing it well. Now they have 5 new faces to get into the squad. They may all gel and improve them but throwing money around doesn't guarantee success
Agree - and here's hoping its the start of the Reading slump that I've been expecting all season, and hasn't happened yet :annoyed:

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Your response to my post, was to say hopefully, this is exactly my point. We have taken a big gamble with Akpom, he isn't prolific, he is a replacement for Baldock yes but he hasn't exactly set the World alight yet... I am man enough to say if I am wrong and I hope he proves me wrong. if he does I will put £100 in to REMF. However I still think it is a bit of a risk relying on a player like this. This is my opinion..

I am not ungrateful I have supported Brighton since I was 5, and cannot believe how far we have come. I just thought that we may have tried to get a more proven striker in, in what is going to be arguably one of the most important and pivotal run ins in the clubs history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here