England
Yep.

4 good strikers.
4 good CM's
4 good wingers
4 good cbs
2 good keepers in the squad
Cover in the fullback positions.

Gaps have been plugged. The successful starting 11 remains.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. There's no way to know if any of them have strengthened until the end of the season. Boro, for example, weakened their side in the 2nd half of the season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd agree with all of the above. The key was keeping the starting 11 intact and having good back ups in reserve. We did need to get Akpom in though, going forward with only three senior strikers may have put too much of a strain on Murray, Bladock and Hemed.

Happy with the business thus far, contiunity and team spirit retained further back up acquired.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As we've been saying for months, it's all about us. The table gives us that.

We have to play 11 of the bottom half. 9 wins does it (assuming at least 3 points from the other 10 games). We don't have to take points off our rivals (although it would be nice).

PG

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
I hope so but I do feel if we really wanted to make sure, we potentially could have gambled on one big signing. I am not ungrateful, I just feel that we gambled with this in the past and it bit us hard. Being in the position we are in, it should have been easier for us to negotiate a deal for some of the players we have seen signed by our rivals.

Having said that we do have a good squad, a squad that play as a team and this truly is a great time for our beloved club going forward. So I remain positive, I am interested to see how some of the signings work out for the other clubs. Leeds & Reading have in theory strengthened with some good players on paper, will they work out? we will find out soon enough. UTA.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Depends on injuries to some of our players, bit concerned about the full back positions. Bit concerned about Skalak's major dip in form as well especially with March still trying to find his way back from a very long lay off.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yes.

We'll be a bit light in central midfield if both Ince and Towell go out on loan, but then again Lampard is joining soon anyway *fish*

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm wit you British Bulldog. Concerned that Bruno has disappeared off the map. Playing Goldson at RB hasn't worked for me and Chelsea chap unproven. Rosenior back on crutches. No news on Baldock. Add a couple of injuries and suspensions and we'll be rejigging the team and/or formation, which makes us vulnerable.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
There's no one around us, there's only teams below us.

.......... which could bring with it the danger of complacency, but I don't think CH is much in danger of that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here