Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS loan to Peterborough

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Couldn't get into the Luton team. How the mighty have fallen! Never the same after his injury I guess?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Complete failure here but you couldn't help but like him though

Yoda

English & European
Apart from that half season before his Achilles injury, where it looked like he might show his worth, never really looked like what we needed in Poyet's style of play.

Can't fault him for graft & effort during his time here though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Very harsh to say he was a complete failure. I remember him being our top scorer in a side when he was up front on his own. Sadly he never had opportunity to play alongside a Murray or Ulloa.

Record breaking Transfer record of over 3 million. Poor scoring record and missed so many good chances. He was a failure for us. You are right that he shouldn't have been played up front on his own. That's not how he plays.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Record breaking Transfer record of over 3 million. Poor scoring record and missed so many good chances. He was a failure for us. You are right that he shouldn't have been played up front on his own. That's not how he plays.

Underachiever, yes. Complete failure, not so much!

He bought a lot to the team without being as prolific as we all wished he was (i.e. Barnes/Baldock). Remember him having some great games for us.

See Ryan Harley for those that fall under the complete failure bracket!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

He bought a lot to the team without being as prolific as we all wished he was (i.e. Barnes/Baldock). Remember him having some great games for us.

Big difference. Harley cost 250k. Not 3 million. CMS scored over 30 goals before he joined us. He came with a good reputation. Yes he was a failure

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Totally wrong player for the sort of football we played. Not particularly his fault that and he always worked hard in a woefully poor system for him. Somewhat ironic he would have knocked in a ridiculous amount of goals in the side we play now.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

He should have been played up front with Barnes, but we didn't have the right player to fit in on the left, so Barnes was sacrificed to play there.
CMS first season, he scored 11 for us. That's not a bad return for someone who'd never played in the Championship before.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He had lovely hair.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
CMS first season, he scored 11 for us. That's not a bad return for someone who'd never played in the Championship before.

He'd already spent a season in the Championship, scoring 10 in 43 games as Peterboro got relegated.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I'm probably reading this wrong but you are not suggesting that Baldock is prolific are you?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm probably reading this wrong but you are not suggesting that Baldock is prolific are you?

I think you are reading it wrong and he's suggesting that Barnes and Baldock contribute(d) a lot to the side without being as prolific as perhaps some think they should be.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here