Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince to Swindon etc...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Loan deal. Taken from the 'Is there a surprise in store?' thread.

Massive fall from grace for Rohan, should have made his loan deal to Fulham permanent in the summer I think after he impressed them there.

Hopefully he can impress and get himself a decent deal somewhere in the summer.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If he manages to avoid jail (which I imagine is something to do with the lack of interest). Shame but he just doesn't fit our style
anymore. Decent in a 3 man midfield where he can just play the holding role.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Must've been that screamer he scored there in the cup that impressed them. What a goal.

Probably the best Albion goal I have ever seen.

Disappointed with how this guy didn't really kick on with us, he looked IMMENSE when he first broke into the team. I can remember an away game at the Muff a few years back when he absolutely ran the show (the one when Barnes clobbered that screamer for an equaliser), one of their fans breathlessly asked me where we'd got him from. Well, he may have been running.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Loan deal. Taken from the 'Is there a surprise in store?' thread.

Massive fall from grace for Rohan, should have made his loan deal to Fulham permanent in the summer I think after he impressed them there.

Is that true? Did he not fall out the match day squad completely pretty quickly at Fulham last season?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Really odd one. He was one of the best players in the team for a while under Garcia; weird that Hughton can't seem to get the best out of him?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Really odd one. He was one of the best players in the team for a while under Garcia; weird that Hughton can't seem to get the best out of him?

It's not that weird. He doesn't have the all-round game that's required of a two-man CM. He really hasn't pushed on from that initial bright start, when he looked quite a player. Needs to improve his passing and decision-making if he wants to develop.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think this deal and the Lua Lua Loan to QPR now truly constitutes that this Brighton squad is now a CH Squad.

Anyone he wanted to retain is now retained and anyone he didn't feel were capable have now gone or been loaned out. So the final run in is truly his team and I now expect to finally get the job done in the coming months

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Is that true? Did he not fall out the match day squad completely pretty quickly at Fulham last season?

He played 10 times and picked up an injury whilst there, Fulham fans on various forums last season said he was an intrsumental part of the midfield playing in a holding position and they would like him permanently.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This is why I'm not a football manager.
I'd have built my team around him a few seasons back. Solid player who would always come out of a tackle with the ball. Wish him all the best.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The tackle he made when we played Arsenal at the Emirates was immense.

Swindon seem to like our midfielders, Yaser Kasim, Alan Navarro now Rohan. Sure there are a few more?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally I think the switch to 4-4-2 meant the end of his time here. Just doesn't have the passing ability or no how to be one of the 2 CM. In a 3 man CM he really is perfect. Can sit in front of the back 4 and impose himself. When he was doing that he was a joy to watch

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
That vidieo doen't do Ince justice. Fails to show you Ince starting the move inside our own box

it starts with the Swindon thow in so yes it does show Ince starting the move, though in all fairness it pretty much a hoof out of defence. What is impressive is he ran from the edge of our box to the edge of theirs and hit a perfect volley.

Oct 25, 2003

Under Garcia he was in a 3 man midfield with quite a lot of protection and experienced players who could cover up his occasional mistakes. Hughton prefers 2 men in the middle which just doesn't suit Ince at all. All the things that Hughton wants from a midfielder- tidy, quality of possession, positioning, tactical discipline...these are things that Ince lacks

I really rated Ince when he first broke into the team and am a bit gutted that things haven't worked out for him. I think there's a good championship footballer there if he can find the right team

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The tackle he made when we played Arsenal at the Emirates was immense.

Swindon seem to like our midfielders, Yaser Kasim, Alan Navarro now Rohan. Sure there are a few more?

Their head coach Luke Williams is of our former Youth/Development coaches. Anton Rodgers and Raphael Rossi Branco have both been on our books too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here