Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sterile Areas

Been discussed before but having just done a 'seats available update' whilst watching the weekends football, I do wonder why the sterile areas are at least 5 columns when it's a full sell out.

On previous discussions the club, I believe, explained that as the ground was new, we had to show we knew what we were doing (or words meaning similar). Yet 5 and half years later we still have a minimum of 5 rows of segregation when clubs in the top flight have literally one line of stewards. At Arsenal, Man U and especially Tottenham it's impossible to see an empty seat in the divide. Check out the Wycombe fans on on match of the day!

In this time I've not noticed any trouble. In fact the only incident I can remember was some Millwall fans 'going over the top' but that was a big divide anyhow!

I'm also perplexed that when we give a large away allocation (Villa, Norwich and probably Newcastle) we choose to have the sterlie area starting 5 columns into S1F in the south. Assuming improving on the previous points is not possible about reducing it from 5 columns, we should move the sterile area a couple of columns to the East. As it stands, the current sterile area means the 38 seats in what is effectively the upper tier of S1F are not haibatable.

If we make it to top flight then we have to give 3000 away seats if required and seats in the home areas will become hard to get hold of, especially for the top teams. It would make sense to have every possible one available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If we make it to top flight then we have to give 3000 away seats if required and seats in the home areas will become hard to get hold of, especially for the top teams. It would make sense to have every possible one available.

2000 I thought?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is this our sister team Sterlie Albion

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The ruling for the allocation of away tickets in the Premier League is as follows: "3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the home club's stadium is less than 30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent."1 Jun 2016

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Will people need to have a note from their doctor to confirm suitability for these new sterile areas. Will they also introduce other areas for specified medical conditions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here