Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is your HMRC experience.................... ..

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

How do feel about these guys particularly tomorrow, 31/01/17 and the 31st of July.

They make me feel like the sheep. :sheep:

How about you lot are you happy with your latest hammering???

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
spent two hours trying to pay the f@@kers today. their online payment system wouldnt take my money on three attempts despite the bank approving the payment. no doubt they would have been efficient enough to fine me if i hadnt managed to find another payment method which was very laborious.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
spent two hours trying to pay the f@@kers today. their online payment system wouldnt take my money on three attempts despite the bank approving the payment. no doubt they would have been efficient enough to fine me if i hadnt managed to find another payment method which was very laborious.

You only get charged interest on late payment. The fines are for late submission.

But totally agree with the sentiment. HMRC expect everything done to their deadlines with precision and have very little compassion or leniency. But they drag their heels with things all the time and that's perfectly acceptable.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
You only get charged interest on late payment. The fines are for late submission.

But totally agree with the sentiment. HMRC expect everything done to their deadlines with precision and have very little compassion or leniency, unless you're a big business with expensive tax lawyersBut they drag their heels with things all the time and that's perfectly acceptable.

Corrected for you

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Imho the self assessment on-line process improves every year. Was a breeze when I did it yesterday. It's a tough gig and generally my experience has been decent and improving

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Corrected for you

I wouldn't say that they're lenient or compassionate to big businesses. Just spineless and too scared to take them on.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Found it interesting that they have added the info. on personal State Pensions on the on-line Self Assessment this year. Shows how many years fully paid, how many missing and the projected pension receivable. Up from 30 years to 35 years. Still a few missing on mine as only voluntary NI required on my income of last 20 years. Need to do some calculations based on life expectancy and the £3,000 I could voluntarily pay. Mrs K would be mad if I died before 68 and paid the 3 Grand for nothing.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I have had all the paperwork since May. Why do I leave the return to 31 Jan? Every year!

You're not the only one... trust me.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah it took me sometime on the phone not 2 hours though!

The guy i was talking to spoke like lurch out of the Addams family until it came to the taking the money bit and then he appeared to be laughing in his voice.:rant:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
You're not the only one... trust me.
My missus is a tax consultant.
Knock on the door 30 minutes ago, and there's one of her clients with a carrier bag full of papers.
He just grinned and said 'any chance?'
He always leaves it til the last minute and tends to accept his fine as a normal hazard :lolol::lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Over the moon. Did my return about 3 weeks ago, system told me I'd overpaid tax by loads. I check the calculation online using some other sites and it seems I have so I submit it. Refund is paid directly to my account in less than a week. Turns out I've been on the wrong tax code for over a year. Got paid last month, my revised coding had been applied so I got another large refund through PAYE as well. Happy Days

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Imho the self assessment on-line process improves every year. Was a breeze when I did it yesterday. It's a tough gig and generally my experience has been decent and improving

I feel the same, easy process online, paid at the bank, all good. Submitted the online form ages ago and paid beginning of the month just to be on the safe side.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
My missus is a tax consultant.
Knock on the door 30 minutes ago, and there's one of her clients with a carrier bag full of papers.
He just grinned and said 'any chance?'
He always leaves it til the last minute and tends to accept his fine as a normal hazard :lolol::lolol:

I'm an accountant, and still stuck in the office. Still waiting for the paperwork from four clients, who will all expect it done when they bring it in tomorrow. Unfortunately for them, I'm doing them on a first come, first served basis. And I can't physically do all four within a day.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Finished my online submission on Saturday and relatively pain free. Got have some sympathy of HMRC as they have had cut back after cut back including massive staff reductions and now the threat of losing their jobs or being relocated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34800243

Perhaps if we invested in tax collection then the wankers that are Amazon, Vodafone, et al wouldn't get away with so much.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Nightmare to get in when they change the site from last year but eventually did and not too difficult once inside.

I didn't see a pensions breakdown though just a one line question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here