Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's Hardest Creature X: Second round, match up 3; Siberian Tiger Vs Grasshopper Mouse

Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Tasty match up this one. Big Vs Small, Apex vs headcase, traditional vs new(ish).

48 hours, two beasts, one vote, one winner. Think carefully before voting.

The Combatants:

Siberian Tiger

9eb14ffb177c8d55b8367d04f9932aef.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_tiger

Road to second round:

Group D: 2nd (20 votes)

In case you were wondering Siberian Tiger is the big, traditional apex predator of this threads opening spiel. Dominates its surroundings to such an extent that much larger bears when finding Siberian Tiger tracks will go out of their way to take a new route not involving coming face to face with the S.T. The S.T for its own part is happy to take on brown or asian black bears, often winning, the coup de grace delivered with one powerful bite through the spinal column. Powerful, agile, a killing machine and beautiful to look at, the Siberian Tiger has got something for almost everyone.

VS

Grasshopper Mouse

hqdefault.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper_mouse

Road to second round:

1st Group C: 28 votes

Fighting out of the other corner is a small, highly aggressive and extremely head mental mouse. They hunt toxic centipedes, scorpions and snakes. They have an enormous territory of up to 28 acres and will fight anyone that encroaches on it. Leave a handful of them in the same cage for a day or two and when you come back there will only be one left. The sole survivor having not just killed but cannibalised the other mice. Likes to stand on its hind legs and howl like a wolf. It's a small, crazy, howling, cannibalising mentalist who attacks, kills and eats poisonous prey.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Probably the worlds most powerful animal with so much agility,power and speed that would kill most things on planet earth and it will get done by a mouse:lolol::lolol:
Weight 300/400kgs
Height stood up 9/10 feet tall
Speed 50/60 mph
Can climb and jump ridiculous heights for such a large animal
Can box like no other cat with hideous swiping power
It really is the perfect killing machine....

Should easily have won this a few times but think this is only the 2nd time it's entered as we've had the much smaller Bengal tiger.
Kills crocs,bears and the ridiculously powerful gaur and to be brutally honest kills these with relatively ease.

https://youtu.be/U8hLgoZJimc

You gotta love northstand chat:lolol:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Cracking match this one.

Shouty mouse for me, an evolutionary freak. Instead of going down the tried and tested musine route of success through numbers he goes it alone on the path less travelled. Not only a viscious, fearless, territorial hunter GM has the audacity to howl at the moon as if to announce 'I am grasshopper mouse and I'm coming to ****ing kill you you scorpion XXXX' ....and then he does.

HARD

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Pretty sure last year there was a typo which said "These tigers attack 600+ pound brown BEERS"

I don't know how much units are they worth, but typo or no typo, that IS hard

And don't get me started on how they FEAST on Russia's iconic animal with ease

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Grasshopper Mouse for me. It's both hard and head mental.

I see the "it's only a mouse" brigade are out in force though. Completely misunderstanding what this competition is all about.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Probably the worlds most powerful animal with so much agility,power and speed that would kill most things on planet earth and it will get done by a mouse:lolol::lolol:
Weight 300/400kgs
Height stood up 9/10 feet tall
Speed 50/60 mph
Can climb and jump ridiculous heights for such a large animal
Can box like no other cat with hideous swiping power
It really is the perfect killing machine....

Should easily have won this a few times but think this is only the 2nd time it's entered as we've had the much smaller Bengal tiger.
Kills crocs,bears and the ridiculously powerful gaur and to be brutally honest kills these with relatively ease.

https://youtu.be/U8hLgoZJimc

You gotta love northstand chat:lolol:

Didn't both the Bengal and the Siberian compete last year?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Grasshopper Mouse for me. It's both hard and head mental.

I see the "it's only a mouse" brigade are out in force though. Completely misunderstanding what this competition is all about.

This. Might as well just call it the "strongest and scariest apex predator competition".

ST has some hardness traits for sure, but anyone basing their decision on which animal would win in a fight is completely missing the point!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tiger could kill the mouse by stamping on it.

Tiger wins.

:facepalm:

Really? You must understand the WHC by now, surely?

Why are people determined to make the WHC into the most boring competition ever?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
As a fan of the croc I'm not an apex basher. Yes, some apex predators are there because of their size advantage but others are there on merit. The Siberian Tiger is one of those. It is such an agile, powerful ,fearsome killing machine that could, if it wanted to, live off easy, small prey but it doesn't. It will happily take on bears that are several times larger than it and kill them. It deserves, IMO, a lot of respect.

But then.

The Grasshopper mouse is just a mental invention of nature. It's a tiny little mouse that has a territory of 28 acres and it properly defends it. It doesn't just do a little bit of showing off and snarling. It fights off intruders to the death. And then eats them. It cannibalises its own species. It stands on its hind legs and howls like a wolf to the moon. It hunts and eats toxic centipedes and poisonous scorpions and snakes.

It's evolutionary refinement against evolution that's on drugs and just read fight club.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Easy to be a killing machine when you're the biggest show in town. Similar to The Mountain in Game of Thrones. Beautiful? Yes. Tough? Definitely. Hard? Well, yes but is it so hard? I have to admire a blip of a creature that takes the tough and the toxic alike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here