Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 killed and many injured in shooting at mosque in Quebec, Canada

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Breaking news and not much info out there yet but seems there were 3 gunmen who shot up the room during a prayer service. 2 arrests have been made and one attacked is still on the run.

Another senseless act of terrorism :(

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Will be interesting to see once they interview these pieces of crap where the motive came from.

Justin Trudeau made a big song and dance about Canada welcoming all and sundry the other day and now this.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Appalling. Senseless. We're using the same words over and over. Whilst true, we're in danger of becoming desensitized to them. Words are failing us.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What does attacking Muslims achieve? Targeting any group of people is only going to add to problems, not solve them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What does attacking Muslims achieve? Targeting any group of people is only going to add to problems, not solve them.

I believe some of the motivation will stem from just that desire. Adding to the problems thereby increasing the levels of intolerance in their society.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

If you're already disenfranchised you don't really care about solving anything through words.

This could be an attack on Justin Trudeau just as much as it is on Islam.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you're already disenfranchised you don't really care about solving anything through words.

This could be an attack on Justin Trudeau just as much as it is on Islam.

What has happened in Canada to make anyone feel disenfranchised?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What has happened in Canada to make anyone feel disenfranchised?

He's come out and told the world all refugees are welcome. Given most people who commit such crimes see new arrivals as threats to their way of life combine that with Canada's rising employment rate and it's possible you've got some disaffected group of people lashing out in the worst kind of way.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's come out and told the world all refugees are welcome. Given most people who commit such crimes see new arrivals as threats to their way of life combine that with Canada's rising employment rate and it's possible you've got some disaffected group of people lashing out in the worst kind of way.

So immigrants going to Australia make you want to go out and shoot people? That's what you're saying.

Btw the latest unemployment rate in Canada is less than their average.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/canada/unemployment-rate

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So immigrants going to Australia make you want to go out and shoot people? That's what you're saying.

I wasn't talking about me was I.

So no, that's not what I'm saying and if that's what you think was being said you don't follow too well.

Perhaps read this piece from 1992 NY times to understand better seeing how it addresses resentment and violence against immigrants. Still stands true today. They were even talking about building a wall back then.

Similarly, a Salvadoran dishwasher, assaulted and robbed recently on his way into a money-transfer agency in Hempstead, L.I., was frightened but not surprised by the message of his assailants, who were black: "You steal our jobs, we steal your money." Tensions had been building between the entrenched black community and the Central American newcomers to the town.

If you're in a low socio-economic group already and you right or wrongly perceive someone is impacting on your life many people act out in violent and unlawful ways. It's nothing new. Been happening for hundreds of years.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/12/11/n...nd-the-land-of-resentment.html?pagewanted=all

That was all I was saying "might" have happened here. And if that's how they feel, they'll blame the person running the country at the time among those they feel responsible.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wasn't talking about me was I.

So no, that's not what I'm saying and if that's what you think was being said you don't follow too well.

Perhaps read this piece from 1992 NY times to understand better seeing how it addresses resentment and violence against immigrants. Still stands true today. They were even talking about building a wall back then.

If you're in a low socio-economic group already and you right or wrongly perceive someone is impacting on your life many people act out in violent and unlawful ways. It's nothing new. Been happening for hundreds of years.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/12/11/n...nd-the-land-of-resentment.html?pagewanted=all

That was all I was saying "might" have happened here. And if that's how they feel, they'll blame the person running the country at the time among those they feel responsible.

So in other words, you haven't got a clue what their motivation was.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The assailants shouted allah akbar so it could be a muslim thing, one has a french name so could be a convert or a Quebequois.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The assailants shouted allah akbar so it could be a muslim thing, one has a french name so could be a convert or a Quebequois.

Muslims attacking muslims and leaving pigs heads? I've checked a few news outlets and can't find any that say the assailants shouted allah akbar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here