Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Band(s) you wished you had seen but never will, and band(s) you saw and wished you hadn't!

For me Dr. Feelgood (original line up with Wilko) and Queen. And at a "Caroline Roadshow" (or possible at two separate ones) during the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal era, the Tygers of Pan Tang and White Spirit. Calling these two shite would be grossly unfair on shite.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Boring I know, but I wish I'd seen The Beatles. I saw The Stones with Mick Taylor in the early 70's and they reached heights they never could again once Woody, the luckiest guitarist alive, took his place.
I wish I'd never seen the twin guitars of Argus period Wishbone Ash and whilst Argent wasn't a bad gig, the chorus of 'Hold your head up' is a recurring nightmarish earworm.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
For me it would have to be Thin Lizzy. The Robertson/Gorham period would have been ideal but would just have easily settled for Gorham and the late great Gary Moore now residing in Rottingdean cemetery no less.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I would have liked a Pink Floyd or Who ticket, but they are mostly dead now.

Worst band were an Australian outfit, Rose Tattoo who were a support act for Rainbow many years ago. They were loud and crap.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Clash.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wished - Bowie, and the Waters/Gilmour Pink Floyd. Beatles obviously. Michael Jackson.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
For the first category, Queen (with Freddie) and The Eagles.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I always wish I had the chance to see the original Yes and Chuck Berry.

I have been most fortunate in my life to see some great bands and individuals like Marley, madonna, michael Jackson, most of the really good punk and ska bands and out of the ordinary bands like kraftwerk, tangerine dream, Lou reed and bizzare concerts like James brown, Adam nad the ants, frankie goes to hollywood and dr Feelgood. My favourite concerts number Genesis, black sabbath , Lynard Skynard and rainbow.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Band I would like to have seen - The Clash.
They played at the Top Rank Suite late 70s I think, but the Suite had a strict door policy to not let young uns in like myself.
Unlike their near neighbour Jenkinsons that let anyone in on a Sunday evening, that's where I saw the band I wish I hadn't.-
Simple Minds, they were terrible, but this was a few years before they were massive.

Also wish I had gone to see Bob Marley and the Wailers when they played at the Brighton Centre, some good friends went but I really wasn't bothered at the time.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wish I had seen the pistols in their pomp, add to that the Jam also.

Wish I hadn't seen Macy Gray, never have I been so bored at a gig, especially when i liked the album so much (before the gig, never listened to it after)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here