Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alternative View of the Lincoln Game

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Guys,

Fantastic support. Big Lincoln fan who was in the 'away end'

My thoughts on the day, slightly biased.

Really hope you go up, a lovely Club:

http://stickypalms.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/lincoln-city-3-1-brighton-hove-albion.html

Cheers

Loved this. Now going to get lost in the rest of your blog. Bloody annoying as I had work to do.

Worth it for the last photo alone. Also: I'll take concentrating on the league for you to have had your best day at football in 45 years :)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I enjoyed your teams celebrations on MOTD last night and I could see it meant a lot to your club. The penalty was soft, the own goal was a freak and the third goal came from our CB who slipped as he kicked the ball out and you took tidy advantage of it.

You deserve the next round and the money more than we do so good luck in the cup and your own promotion.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
thoroughly good day(except result), thought the Lincoln fans were brilliant providing great atmosphere putting many away grounds to shame !

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A good read and let us hope both teams get promotion, will take that.

It was really well written piece but I sort of got bored when you started talking about Paul Gambaccini and Coronation Street and going for curries. If such things were of interest I would watch Big Brother or things like that.

Intersting that Cian played right back up at Gigg Lane, especially when the Manager of Lincoln at the time kept trying to play him out of position further forward in midfield. A midfielder Cian ''is not''. Must have been a good day if he played full back that day.

The report on the match itself was a bit short. I sort of hope the two non league teams keep winning. Can you imagine Sutton Utd v AC Milan in the Europa League next year ??????.....................Eeeeeeeek

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I went to Sincil Bank a few times back in the nineties for Albion away games (didn't go yesterday).

The BEST thing on MoTD last night was hearing that the WWII Air Raid siren is still cranked up every time Lincoln get a corner. Great stuff! Unique to Lincoln and good to hear it is a tradition that has endured. Would be good to see Lincoln back in the football league.

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Good read, thanks for posting.

On a pedantic note, Cardiff result was 1-0 and not 2-1 (the latter was the WednesdayLOL result on the Friday)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here