Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield forum talking on ticket allocations.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Reading this forum, I may sound naive, but I didn't think Albion fans would buy tickets, and then not attend a match just to allocate points for later?

"Spoke to a Brighton Fan yesterday. Some of their fans are buying tickets to ensure they get tickets later in the season and have no intention of travelling up.

i.e. they have a points system and they want to ensure they can get a ticket for the promotion party at Norwich / Villa at the end of the season.

Not sure how many people can afford to waste money like that but thought it was interesting!"

Your thoughts :thumbsup:

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/103268/brighton

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well it's actually true. I doubt many will do it and it's quite clearly being blown out of proportion, but you can assign a £5 ticket to your name and get 10 points. Don't exactly need to have deep pockets for that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well it's actually true. I doubt many will do it and it's quite clearly being blown out of proportion, but you can assign a £5 ticket to your name and get 10 points. Don't exactly need to have deep pockets for that.

I can see why some people do it, but call me old fashioned, I thought the point of buying a ticket was to see their club play footy, no matter what!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yep. Some were talking about doing it on NSC.

Even if the tickets were only 50p I wouldn't, but each to their own.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
at £5/£10 i'd be surprised if some weren't doing this.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
You'd have to be pretty desperate for points or on the usual 1150 threshold to go down this route I'd imagine, especially as probably only QPR going to be a real issue..

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
If it's widespread I expect the club may say points for Huddersfield are void in this case

I'd the tickets need to be scanned to get on they could check. I really doubt they are that bothered by a small minority tho.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Is it likely to be pay on the gate? I'm at uni here and my mates wanna go in the away end, would be easier if they can pay on the gate.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You'd have to be pretty desperate for points or on the usual 1150 threshold to go down this route I'd imagine, especially as probably only QPR going to be a real issue..

Really? So you think there won't be a rush for tickets for Norwich and Villa away if it looks like we could need a win there for promotion?

Very naive IMO

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Really? So you think there won't be a rush for tickets for Norwich and Villa away if it looks like we could need a win there for promotion?

Very naive IMO

Not naive, I would guess that people having been to a fair proportion of 'standard' aways during the year will have no problems getting tickets.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it likely to be pay on the gate? I'm at uni here and my mates wanna go in the away end, would be easier if they can pay on the gate.

I'll be surprised if it isn't. The away end is huge even when they've given some of the tickets to the Hudds fans with a drum on the right hand side.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Pointless doing it, as if widespread the club will just increase the threshold for the 1st round opportunity to buy the away ticket at QPR or wherever, so that 1150 becomes 1160 or even 1170.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here