Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton & a Summer Keeper Crisis?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Send me to bed please?

Casper? 37 and past his best.

Niki? Contract 2017

Stockdale? Contract 2017

Walton? Contract 2017

Have i missed any renewals?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I hope the club realise this state of affairs, i bet they don't know:ffsparr:

This is not helpfull,especially as Walton has been ever present (i think) with the best defense in Luton's league...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Walton runs until 2018 doesn't he?

I thought it was until May/June,i hope you are right...that said if we gain promotion all should be well,shouldn't it?

What with all the focus at other areas have we can't have missed keepers surely.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28216271

JFC was out this year so next summer for Walton. We'll be fine if we go up. Surprised we haven't sorted out Srockdales contract sooner mind.

Brilliant!! excellent and thank you............and sleep...was worried about Walton remember it now,Stockdale is a mystery though,other than that we have things ok on the contract front for June this year..

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
None of us mere mortals know what is going on behind the scenes though.

This.

Does Stockdale look like a man who is uncomfortable with his present contractual obligation/situation? No.

It's frustrating not knowing what's happening, not getting any tidbits to chew the fat over but we have to assume the club know what they're doing.

It really wouldn't surprise me to learn that Stockdale and Stephens sign new deals immediately after the window closes.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This.

Does Stockdale look like a man who is uncomfortable with his present contractual obligation/situation? No.

It's frustrating not knowing what's happening, not getting any tidbits to chew the fat over but we have to assume the club know what they're doing.

It really wouldn't surprise me to learn that Stockdale and Stephens sign new deals immediately after the window closes.

If you must.....please!! not wishing to sound desperate tho

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Depends what level you are after.

Stockdale is reliable and can also distribute incredibly well, arguably one of the best in the country with his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because he is on the back of a penalty save, and a really good performance against Sheffield Wednesady, everyone is upping David Stockdale. Have we really all forgotten the dlaring errors he can make too?

Yes he is a pretty good goalkeeper, but I'm convinced that there are others out there too.

Yes, I know I'm in ther minority in saying that, and doubtless about to be pilloried . . . again.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just because he is on the back of a penalty save, and a really good performance against Sheffield Wednesady, everyone is upping David Stockdale. Have we really all forgotten the dlaring errors he can make too?

Yes he is a pretty good goalkeeper, but I'm convinced that there are others out there too.

Yes, I know I'm in ther minority in saying that, and doubtless about to be pilloried . . . again.

I won't pillory you, but I would suggest that people are not bigging Stockdale up simply as a reaction to his performance against Sheffield Wednesday.

He has been excellent for us all season.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He has been excellent for us all season.

Apart from the occasions when he hasn't of course.

Who do you want in goal exactly, Manuel Neuer?

I can think of only a couple of situations this season where he could have done better which is more than balanced out by him turning the game at Fulham and turning the recent Shef Wed game.

If he didn't make the occasional error chelsea would want him as their no1 rather than no2 ahead of courtois.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Stockdale is prone to the odd one, but then so was Kuczsak, Beeney, Digweed, Moseley, Steele and Grummitt, in fact every keeper in my time of supporting the Albion.

But can you name a better keeper currently with the ball at his feet in this country?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here