Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale to Chelsea?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That article reads as though it's for the summer.

I agree we should have offered him a new contract by now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's basically a bench-filling role for Chelsea, isn't it, apart from the occasional run out in cup matches. We'd all question why somebody would want to go and sit on a bench every week. But he's 30 odd now, and would be set up for life with whatever they'd determine is an appropriate wage. I honestly couldn't blame him for wanting it.

Equally, I'd be absolutely gutted if he did go now- not sure the club would allow him to go (especially if Mäenpaä is out for a while :ohmy:). I hope he doesn't resent that- if there is any truth in the rumours anyway.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Pretty ridiculous that we don't have him signed up.

I (might be wrong) cannot recall anything about contract talks at any stage..

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
£10m + Costa sorted

However maybe Stockdale would prefer to actually play in the PL as opposed to being paid to watch.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Shock horror other (wealthier) teams might want to acquire players from the sitting at the team top of the championship...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I hope he is not tempted to sit on the bench at chelski, I thought he was one of us. However he has his future to think of and money speaks. I am more concerned that the best goal keeper I have seen at the Albion contract has not been extended before now. If the wheels come off this season we are totally fecked next season and could go down, because that's the type of club we are....

Never a dull moment.

Please stay Stockdale

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He only lives round the corner from Cobham. Treble the money, easier commute, last big pay day ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope he is not tempted to sit on the bench at chelski, I thought he was one of us. However he has his future to think of and money speaks. I am more concerned that the best goal keeper I have seen at the Albion contract has not been extended before now. If the wheels come off this season we are totally fecked next season and could go down, because that's the type of club we are....

Never a dull moment.

Please stay Stockdale

The problem is there is literally no upside for a player to sign a contract with us now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here