Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Back up keeper

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
So, do we know the extent of Maenpaa's injury yet?

Transfer window shuts in three days. If he's facing a lengthy spell out, do we need another keeper?

Can we recall Walton?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton said it's not a dislocated shoulder. He didn't say whether it was serious or not though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Get Walton back if it's bad, and if we can.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If there's any suggestion of Mäenpaä being out for a spell, we'd have to get another keeper in, surely?

As we saw today, a keeper can get injured in a split second. God forbid anything should happen to Stockdale. I'd have absolute kittens at the thought of Casper in goal in a Championship game. He looked like he could barely kick the ball today- the third Lincoln goal came from a really poor short goal kick to Hünemeier, who was immediately closed down and then gave it straight to a Lincoln player.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If there's any suggestion of Mäenpaä being out for a spell, we'd have to get another keeper in, surely?

As we saw today, a keeper can get injured in a split second. God forbid anything should happen to Stockdale. I'd have absolute kittens at the thought of Casper in goal in a Championship game. He looked like he could barely kick the ball today- the third Lincoln goal came from a really poor short goal kick to Hünemeier, who was immediately closed down and then gave it straight to a Lincoln player.

I still do not understand not having Stockdale as a sub (as per my thread earlier) rest him yes but put him on the bench. Ankergren should be nowhere near the first team in any game other than a keeper injury crisis.

He is an absolute liability. He just sends shivers down my spine. It's not his fault we lost today and I am not that bothered we are out of the cup......I just didn't wanna go out in the manner we did. Cringeworthy performance overall

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia

Newcastle's Rob Elliot should do

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
James McKeown available for £50k. Will do as third-choice on a short-term deal until the summer.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here