Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Albion photos - what match is this?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Okay, we need a diversion for Saturday evening...

Been going through more of my old photos, and came across a couple of random strips of negatives from the Goldstone.

I've worked out which match it is, but I'll pass it over to you. And yes, one of these is a goal - but who scored? :albion2:

xxx22.jpg

xxx23.jpg

xxx24.jpg

xxx25.jpg

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
September 15 1984 - Albion 1 - 0 Crystal Palace

Goalscorer: No. 6 - Gary O'Reilly

Far too quick! Okay, what were the clues, for the benefit of younger people?

And a few of the other players?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Somebody looks distinctly off side in the first photo

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Okay, we need a diversion for Saturday evening...

Been going through more of my old photos, and came across a couple of random strips of negatives from the Goldstone.

I've worked out which match it is, but I'll pass it over to you. And yes, one of these is a goal - but who scored? :albion2:

View attachment 81654

View attachment 81655

View attachment 81656

View attachment 81657

I wonder who kept whacking me on the back of the head!
Seriously wasnt standing too far away from you, if I remember rightly :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Far too quick! Okay, what were the clues, for the benefit of younger people?

And a few of the other players?

Firstly, Frank Worthington is easily identifiable, and he was only here one season. Secondly, it is clearly Palace, so that identifies the match. A quick look at [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION]'s Seagulls Programmes website gives the scorer.

But Eric Young, Danny Wilson, Steve Penney and Terry Connor are also easily identifiable.

And it was when the North Stand was closed for the new roof.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Why is that part of the North Stand empty?
A fair few empty seats in the Lego Stand.

That was my thinking,i know they messed about a bit with the Eastern side of the North in those days,sometimes with segregation and (god forbid!!!) even gave Pompey that end -after the Chelsea Riot (i think).....

Edit: answered my own question,i see a crane inside yellow,it was opened after the season started...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That was my thinking,i know they messed about a bit with the Eastern side of the North in those days,sometimes with segregation and (god forbid!!!) even gave Pompey that end -after the Chelsea Riot (i think).....

Edit: answered my own question,i see a crane inside yellow,it was opened after the season started...

I didn't see the crane, thanks.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I didn't see the crane, thanks.

Some sort of yellow small support against the wall at the North west end :lolol: tbh i don;t see a crane either...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here