Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The current fashion to praise a team on here that beats us !!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Some idiot has praised Lincoln and some idiot praised Preston the other week !!

It's so patronising. It's like patting a little dog on the head and saying "don't worry we're getting promoted so good luck in the future, oh and did I forget to mention what great fans you have".

Let's stop this stuff, we're not world beaters I'm afraid and this sort of mentality could come back to haunt us.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We are a family club now init

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

It's so patronising. It's like patting a little dog on the head and saying "don't worry we're getting promoted so good luck in the future, oh and did I forget to mention what great fans you have".

Let's stop this stuff, we're not world beaters I'm afraid and this sort of mentality could come back to haunt us.

Shut your noise!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We'll be praising Huddersfield on Thursday night so best get used to it.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I went to Preston and went today and both games we were awful and outplayed. Especially with non league Lincoln, you can't help but praise it. They did a job.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Let the grown ups just be annoyed with our second half performance....you can go to your room until you learn the error of your ways/stop being a prat

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I went to Preston and went today and both games we were awful and outplayed. Especially with non league Lincoln, you can't help but praise it. They did a job.

No they didn't do a job......we were coasting and in control and then decided to gift them the game. They didn't outplay us, we just made some poor mistakes which got Lincoln back in the game. Lincoln are hard working, well organised but very ordinary. They didn't even have to raise their game. We dramatically lowered ours.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No they didn't do a job......we were coasting and in control and then decided to gift them the game. They didn't outplay us, we just made some poor mistakes which got Lincoln back in the game. Lincoln are hard working, well organised but very ordinary. They didn't even have to raise their game. We dramatically lowered ours.

It's a pity they were not in contention for promotion from their league and desperate to 'save themselves' for the league......

.....................oh.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
It's a pity they were not in contention for promotion from their league and desperate to 'save themselves' for the league......

.....................oh.

Not to belittle league 2, but surely there is a world of difference between our promotion and theirs. If they miss out, next year they've still got a good shout. If we miss out we are very likely looking at a significant rebuild, coupled with the competition from three relegated teams in the first year of the 'minimum £100m Prem season'. I expect things to get even tougher for non-parachute clubs in the Championship from 17/18.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not to belittle league 2, but surely there is a world of difference between our promotion and theirs. If they miss out, next year they've still got a good shout. If we miss out we are very likely looking at a significant rebuild, coupled with the competition from three relegated teams in the first year of the 'minimum £100m Prem season'. I expect things to get even tougher for non-parachute clubs in the Championship from 17/18.
The amount of money is different, but I suspect things are just as difficult for clubs down there. Of course, as far as Lincoln are concerned, it probably helps if you've had 130 years to pay for your ground!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yawn. It's not about being patronising. It's about recognising that, on the day, we were well beaten (thanks in no small part to a poor 2nd half performance).

Christ, are really getting to the point where we can no longer be complimentary about another team? A team that is basically this years embodiment of this nebulous 'magic of the FA Cup' people bang on about?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I believe it's called "humility".

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Who you Calling a idiot shit head:D

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
OP is right.- Lincoln were awful today and we were robbed. their fans are tinpot and showed no passion and the referee needs a new pair of glasses. better?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here