Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The David Stockdale Weekend Break

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Was he rested today? If so, why? Maenpaa deserves a few games and unlucky to be injured but I don't understand putting that smoking old flapper on the bench

I am not saying that's the reason we lost, Lincoln done a good job but we have a better keeper out on loan and our main keeper sitting on his arse being rested from all that running he has to do.

Concentrate on the league I guess it is then, I kinda don't want a 'big draw' distraction though so I am mid way between confused and not too bothered

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Was he rested today? If so, why? Maenpaa deserves a few games and unlucky to be injured but I don't understand putting that smoking old flapper on the bench

I am not saying that's the reason we lost, Lincoln done a good job but we have a better keeper out on loan and our main keeper sitting on his arse being rested from all that running he has to do.

Concentrate on the league I guess it is then, I kinda don't want a 'big draw' distraction though so I am mid way between confused and not too bothered

What is the point of putting Stockers on the bench. Give him a day off. Ankers has a contract with the club so should be capable of playing.
Better out of the cup!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What is the point of putting Stockers on the bench. Give him a day off. Ankers has a contract with the club so should be capable of playing.
Better out of the cup!

Capable of playing, that's just about it. Keepers don't need resting In my opinion

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
If maenpaa is now injured then Ankers better get used to being back on the bench for the next few weeks at least.

Lets hope Stockdale can stay fit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nothing wrong with the keepers we had out today. The team simply didn't perform

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If maenpaa is now injured then Ankers better get used to being back on the bench for the next few weeks at least.

Transfer window is still open, or perhaps we can recall Walton.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Rubbish, would you be happier if DS was carried off today in a game that means nothing?

Highly unlikely for 2 keepers to get injured in one match. Like I said, happy for Maenpaa for his chance to play but I don't get resting a keeper to the point if not even putting him on the bench.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I must admit i thought the 8 minutes injury time was a bit long, then i realised that Casper had to be hauled in from outside and stubbed out half his fag.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

if Maenpaa is now injured we need a better number 2, bring back Walton (if we can) or loan someone pronto. Casper Ankergren was not up to championship standard 3 years ago

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
if Maenpaa is now injured we need a better number 2, bring back Walton (if we can) or loan someone pronto. Casper Ankergren was not up to championship standard 3 years ago

He kept 11 clean sheets in that season with a lesser defence than we have now.

Another one asking if we can recall Walton? We need three keepers.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have no issue with Maenpaa playing. He needs game time to maintain standards. Some of the other "back-ups" were not up to standard though.

And for those decrying the cup status, yes it is still important. If you don't want to win or get as far far as you can in every competition, why bother at all (remember the win against Manchester City at Withdean in the other cup not that many years ago)?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here