Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enter to win......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
not disrespect the competition by treating it as a sideshow.

I understand why CH chose the team he did, but maybe we should just not enter? The FA Cup was a highlight of the domestic season, it has become an irrelevance, very sad.

BTW Well done Lincoln.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
It's not like we're the only team to 'disrespect the competition'. Liverpool out, Spurs struggling vs Wycombe. Just not worthwhile especially with our league position this season. Already looking forward to the Barnsley away game on the Saturday!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That team was good enough to win comfortably.

Poor penalty decision and losing Maenpaa affected the game considerably.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I understand why CH chose the team he did, but maybe we should just not enter? The FA Cup was a highlight of the domestic season, it has become an irrelevance, very sad.

BTW Well done Lincoln.

Well, this is true. It's sad that all I am is mildly disappointed- and then actually relieved knowing the other teams have made a little ground on us.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
That team was good enough to win comfortably.

Poor penalty decision and losing Maenpaa affected the game considerably.

Not sure Ankers can do anything about the 3 goals he has conceded to be fair. Pen and two bits of dreadful defending.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not sure Ankers can do anything about the 3 goals he has conceded to be fair. Pen and two bits of dreadful defending.

No complaint about Casper. I meant it upset the back 4. who were all over the place after Nikki's injury.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

BTW Well done Lincoln.
Surely the team he put out should have been good enough! What is the point of the squad if you are not going to use them?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Mission accomplished, so far as I am concerned.

Newcastle did their utmost to lose - including missing a penalty. The FA cup has become a strange beast in recent years. I used to love it, but today I would have been gutted if we had gone through and Toon had gone out.

Strange times.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Surely the team he put out should have been good enough! What is the point of the squad if you are not going to use them?

The point of a squad is to be there when the first team need them, and to keep match fit we should run a reserve team.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

BTW Well done Lincoln.

I think the FA are more guilty of ruining the cup, bringing in penalty shootouts,only one replay, sponsorship,letting the Mancs, who were the holders swan off to South America, instead of playing in the third round, semi finals at Wembley to help pay for an overpriced stadium, the Final not being the last game if the season, playing the Final on the same day as league matches, changing the kick off time of the Final to 5 o'clock to pander to television.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Eh? The team we put out should've won comfortably. How is it Hughton's fault they couldn't string 3 passes together?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I would suggest, a team made up of a few first teamers and young reserves with very little experience is possibly not the best thing to do, as at times we appeared to play like a team of total strangers, who didn't know what they were doing.

Of course for Lincoln, if they had lost, glorious failure. But as they won, glorious victory. We were on a hiding to nothing.

I hope, if we should get to the Premier League next season, and we are looking pretty secure by time the Cup comes around, we give it a real good go, as a decent Cup run would bring in some money to the coffers!

Anyway, onwards and upwards after today, with two crucial matches in 5 days coming up!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
League football has become too important to teams because of the money that is at stake

In years gone by, cup runs were the thing that could potentially make a big difference to a clubs fortunes (a decent run allowed teams to be strengthen thanks to the extra income,etc ) but sky high transfer fees and the vast sums in TV and prize money available for Premier League teams mean that any cup money won is fairly insignificant in comparison nowadays and it's felt it isn't worth risking the (potentially) higher league payday for.

You can't blame clubs in the top division or one that it battling for promotion to the top flight for seeing it being a low priority as a result

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The FA cup is an over rated, dull sideline, glad we're out to be honest. It might have been a great competition 30 years ago but it stopped being that years ago.

All this stuff about disrespecting the cup is nonsense. The manager can pick whoever he likes for the long term good of the club which he has done. I have no problem if we play kids/reserves in every cup game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mission accomplished, so far as I am concerned.

Newcastle did their utmost to lose - including missing a penalty. The FA cup has become a strange beast in recent years. I used to love it, but today I would have been gutted if we had gone through and Toon had gone out.

Strange times.

When we were winning and Toon were losing I actually had the same thought. I too love/loved the FA Cup - but that's fading with every season. I can tell you who won each cup from the 90s but after that I have very little clue. It's sad.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here