Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are any pubs in Brighton opening early for Nadal v Federer?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If you know of any, that would be great.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I'm surprised it's such a big deal.

2 of the most popular sportsmen of the 21st Century playing each other in the final of a Grand Slam tennis tournament for the first time in nearly 6 years and after having spent a considerable part of the last year on the treatment table. Yeah, I can see why that is a big deal, not least because it is probably the last time those 2 will play each other in a Grand Slam final.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
2 of the most popular sportsmen of the 21st Century playing each other in the final of a Grand Slam tennis tournament for the first time in nearly 6 years and after having spent a considerable part of the last year on the treatment table. Yeah, I can see why that is a big deal, not least because it is probably the last time those 2 will play each other in a Grand Slam final.

that told you [MENTION=1575]whitelion[/MENTION] :lol: i think i will pass too..

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Could understand it if Murray was there but as you say two giants of tennis who could be playing their last Grand Slam final.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
There is a reason it's on Eurosport....Nobody is bothered....

Or because Eurosport have more money than the BBC, who did show live coverage of some matches up until 2 years ago when their live sports output had an axe taken to it.

When Nadal defeated Federer at 9:15pm in the final of Wimbledon in 2008, there were nearly 10 million people watching in the UK, which somewhat contradicts your suggestion that "nobody is bothered". In terms of individual sporting rivalry, I'm hard pressed to think of another rivalry from the 21st Century that outstrips Federer and Nadal's. Maybe there's been a couple in boxing that compare since the turn of the millennium, but none that immediately spring to mind.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And you're asking if there's a pub in Brighton, or indeed anywhere in the world, opening up especially at 9:00am on Sunday morning to watch f*cking TENNIS? :lolol:

Superb reply TH.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When Nadal defeated Federer at 9:15pm in the final of Wimbledon in 2008, there were nearly 10 million people watching in the UK, which somewhat contradicts your suggestion that "nobody is bothered".

But that's Wimbledon, an English tradition. I know loads of people who will watch Wimbledon but not watch ANY other tennis all year.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
White Lion, Tom Hark ... It's fascinating for me to learn about you that you don't enjoy tennis. For years, I've whiled away evenings wondering what sports you two enjoy ... but now I've learned that .... does anyone know if there are any pubs opening early tomorrow to show the bloody tennis?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you know of any, that would be great.

Really?

Pub, middle class minority sport, event on the other side of the planet, wrong time of day, contestants are not British (let alone English) etc...

Why on earth would any pub show that over any number of other sports, or even be open before midday to do so?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
White Lion, Tom Hark ... It's fascinating for me to learn about you that you don't enjoy tennis. For years, I've whiled away evenings wondering what sports you two enjoy ... but now I've learned that .... does anyone know if there are any pubs opening early tomorrow to show the bloody tennis?

Mate this is North Stand Chat - a football forum, I think you are looking for North Stand Bat, they do still use bats for tennis don't they??

Th OP is taking the piss surely? When was the last time anyone ever walked past a pub anywhere to see a board outside advertising an early morning start to show a bloody tennis match?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here