Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Top of the Championship Brighton"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've heard this a few times on BBC1 over the last day or so, when talking about today's match at Lincoln.

It makes me feel quite emotional. Bristling with pride, yet nervous at the same time.
This is an incredible period for our football club.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sustained too,was thinking just this morning how bar one season we have been on the up since 2009 really...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Goldstone +
Bellotti -
Priestfield a start +/-
Withdean the next chapter +
Dick Knight the advanced party +++++++++++
Tony Bloom, Chris Hughton and of course the Amex ++++++++++++++++++++++

It's a Bloomin' fantastic time to be an Albion fan, a great wave of expectation, belief and of course pride.
To be involved is an honour, whether your a ST holder, SP addict or club ambassadors in other countries.
Onwards and upwards.
:albion2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We need to find a way of handling our nervousness. I'm seriously considering nominating Lewis Dunk in the Most-Overrated-Player-In-The-Championship thread.

Nervousness is the in-built default setting for any Brighton fan over a certain age. Anyone that became a Brighton from lets say the last Withdean season won't have a clue what we're on about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's strange I don't really hear much mention of the Championship unless it:-

'Top of the Championship, Newcastle'.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Remember Oxford in 1982. We were having our best ever season and played abysmally at home to them, losing 0-3.

It certainly is great to have the confidence flowing through the club right now.

I started watching us in the old First Division and in my mind we've always been at least a Championship level or a potential top flight club. Recent and long term history would suggest otherwise and this is why most fans of other clubs don't think we are a football town and have taken a while to recognise our potential.

This season has to be our time to push on and it's long overdue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"Top of the Championship Brighton"

I've heard this a few times on BBC1 over the last day or so, when talking about today's match at Lincoln.
I think you've got selective hearing, or at least selective quoting active. Pretty sure they said 'temporary top of the Championship Brighton, while we wait for Newcastle to play their next game'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think you've got selective hearing, or at least selective quoting active. Pretty sure they said 'temporary top of the Championship Brighton, while we wait for Newcastle to play their next game'.
In fairness I'd forgotten we were in the Championship.
Having already gained promotion and jettisoned all the deadwood players, I didn't know we had, as they couldn't handle the Premier League.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015

It makes me feel quite emotional. Bristling with pride, yet nervous at the same time.
This is an incredible period for our football club.
It's quite a thing that this club is in such a position that we as fans still have reasonable confidence when approaching a game like this even with a series of 2nd choice players ..... and if a shock result does happen, we know it won't derail our primary objective.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

:lolol:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

If we get through and play a top flight side we will then become a 'Championship' team again. Newcastle United would be 'effectively another Premier League team'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In fairness I'd forgotten we were in the Championship.
Having already gained promotion and jettisoned all the deadwood players, I didn't know we had, as they couldn't handle the Premier League.
I think we must have been relegated from the PL last season, because the tables say we're in the Championship now, and I remember people saying we were promoted before :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here