Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Been offered a signed shirt for daughter - what to do?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've been offered a signed shirt for my 10 year old daughter, which is nice. I have to buy a shirt (I know :rolleyes:). One slight concern is that my 8 year old son will be missing out. The second first world problem is whether I get said shirt and let her wear it and ruin it.

So do I:
a) get her a shirt that fits her now, she wears it for a couple of seasons and then hangs it up to keep
b) get a slightly larger shirt (that can handle signatures) and put it in a frame and give it to both kids

Or any better options.

Thanks

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I've been offered a signed shirt for my 10 year old daughter, which is nice. I have to buy a shirt (I know :rolleyes:). One slight concern is that my 8 year old son will be missing out. The second first world problem is whether I get said shirt and let her wear it and ruin it.

So do I:
a) get her a shirt that fits her now, she wears it for a couple of seasons and then hangs it up to keep
b) get a slightly larger shirt (that can handle signatures) and put it in a frame and give it to both kids

Or any better options.

Thanks
I think option B - IF we go up at the end of the season, it will be nice to have the promotion-winning team's signatures on this season's shirt, in a frame. Nice memento of reaching "the promised land".

If the shirt is worn, it will become too small before too long, and washing it will result in the signatures fading/disappearing, however careful you might be...

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

So do I:

Or any better options.

Thanks

Option a.

If your son makes a fuss tell him it's because she is your favourite but this could change if he works hard at school.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013

So do I:

Or any better options.

Thanks

Team Shrimp..
Dammit , wrong thread

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
But seriously, option B
IF this is the season IT happens you will have a reminder of it for you and the mini Trigaaaars to enjoy for many years to come

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Tell the club that sadly your daughter is a bit of a fatty. Buy an adults XL (or whatever you are) and keep it. Therefore both kids are treated equally. Everyone is a winner.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think option B - IF we go up at the end of the season, it will be nice to have the promotion-winning team's signatures on this season's shirt, in a frame. Nice memento of reaching "the promised land".

If the shirt is worn, it will become too small before too long, and washing it will result in the signatures fading/disappearing, however careful you might be...
But seriously, option B
IF this is the season IT happens you will have a reminder of it for you and the mini Trigaaaars to enjoy for many years to come
Sounds good. Does it matter how big it is? I've been offered it specifically for my daughter, I think getting an adult one is taking the pee, so I guess I should get a kids one of some sort.

Option a.

If your son makes a fuss tell him it's because she is your favourite but this could change if he works hard at school.
Mmm. Thanks, I guess.

Tell the club that sadly your daughter is a bit of a fatty. Buy an adults XL (or whatever you are) and keep it. Therefore both kids are treated equally. Everyone is a winner.
:lol: My daughter is proper tiny, I'm not going to get away with pretending otherwise.

Do they automatically sign the front? I don't want signatures on the back if it's going in a frame.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Noooo don't let her wear it and potentially ruin it. Those signatures could fade over time too.

Have it framed and hung on the wall as soon as you receive it. I'm sure she would he happy enough wearing another shirt you could get her, as would your son.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Sounds good. Does it matter how big it is? I've been offered it specifically for my daughter, I think getting an adult one is taking the pee, so I guess I should get a kids one of some sort.
Largest you can get - some of the signatures are/can be quite large. You'll be able to work out most of them straight away, but there's bound to be one or two that are a real head-scratcher to try and work out who it is, unless you are there as everyone signs. I got one fairly recently and most were obvious/easy enough to work out, but had a few toughies!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Option a, of course. This is potentially the greatest season in our history and should be enjoyed to the full. Then keep whats left of it as a souvenir.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My daughter is proper tiny, I'm not going to get away with pretending otherwise

Bit of a long shot I know, but thinking outside the box, if your daughter is 10 and tiny, and your son is 8, could you not maybe present it as a family shirt which to be worn by alternate siblings on alternate weeks? The kids might just fall for that slightly odd logic.

Sometimes good to treat a signed shirt as a disposable item rather than a hallowed relic and get proper fun out of wearing it.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]
This hangs in my hallway and is not only one of my favourite ever brighton shirts but also a handy scarf holder.
It was a birthday present and is a XXL (not my size!) hence a bit of artistic folding to fit it in a reasonable sized frame.
image.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Largest you can get - some of the signatures are/can be quite large. You'll be able to work out most of them straight away, but there's bound to be one or two that are a real head-scratcher to try and work out who it is, unless you are there as everyone signs. I got one fairly recently and most were obvious/easy enough to work out, but had a few toughies!

My daughter got one last year and next to the signatures they put their squad number.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Option b

The son got a shirt signed by Murphy at Christmas and just wanted to wear it immediately despite it being massive on him. Luckily it didn't get damaged and I got him his own shirt on his Birthday which he now wears whilst the signed one is hung on the wall.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Option B, Kids will forget about the kit they get and wear, signatures will fade. A large one you can frame and they can enjoy forever. Also, what at time in the clubs history to get a signed shirt from. Well done.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'll just stick a photo on here of any I don't know :)

Option a, of course. This is potentially the greatest season in our history and should be enjoyed to the full. Then keep whats left of it as a souvenir.
You're the odd one out it seems, but it's a good point. I'm not interested in the condition of the shirt for resale, and one that they've worn would have more memories and maybe more sentimental value than one that just goes in a frame.

Bit of a long shot I know, but thinking outside the box, if your daughter is 10 and tiny, and your son is 8, could you not maybe present it as a family shirt which to be worn by alternate siblings on alternate weeks? The kids might just fall for that slightly odd logic.
There'd be no trouble doing that.

Sometimes good to treat a signed shirt as a disposable item rather than a hallowed relic and get proper fun out of wearing it.
They've worn the Vicente signed shirts etc, and maybe they should wear this one, but maybe it should be kept grime free, I don't know.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION]
This hangs in my hallway and is not only one of my favourite ever brighton shirts but also a handy scarf holder.
It was a birthday present and is a XXL (not my size!) hence a bit of artistic folding to fit it in a reasonable sized frame.
View attachment 81636
So XXL is too big :) A large kids could do it I guess.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Option B, Kids will forget about the kit they get and wear, signatures will fade. A large one you can frame and they can enjoy forever.
I'm a bit worried about getting an adult size, as it's been offered for my daughter and I feel getting a huge one is taking the pee, almost like ignoring the gesture and saying I'll have it instead.
Also, what at time in the clubs history to get a signed shirt from.
Maybe :)
Well done.
I didn't do a thing :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here