Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT broadband fault or Fraud

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Received a call 8.20 saying this is BT you have a fault on your Broadand I put the phone down. Looked at my BT account and password had timed out to many attempts to access it try again in 15 mins.
Not me is this a fraud attempt what advice.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Received a call 8.20 saying this is BT you have a fault on your Broadand I put the phone down. Looked at my BT account and password had timed out to many attempts to access it try again in 15 mins.

Did the right thing as you don't know where call came from. Ring BT and see if anything is up.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Do no dealings over the phone call them(BT-not redial)back(not straight away-important to do this as they can leave phone line open) later leave its a few hours,not straight away,lock down the firewall to all connections,run scans..

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If you get a call from BT the number will come up as 0800 328 9393. If you ring it back you'll get a message.

We don't proactively monitor domestic broadband connections and call customers, we wait for them to call us (then put them through to someone on 50 rupees a month who they can't understand)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Thanks all for your advice. i do worry about older residences who could be conned by these calls.it seems a growing crime.

SwedishSonna

Aug 9, 2005
Newcastle upon Tyne
If in doubt call 150 from your landline. BT can then let you know if they made any outbound calls to you as they have an interactions list (inbound/outbound calls, emails, SMS etc.)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just had the fourth call I reported it to BT and they suggested I use a service to block this type of call and send it to junk they said that BT are investigating many complaints.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here