Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Hurt RIP

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Gutted. RIP JH

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh FFS. What a totally brilliant back catalogue the man has. From Shakespeare to Alien, Elephant Man to Midnight Express, Harry Potter to 1984. Hard drinking, serial & parallel womanising. What a career, what a life, what a great actor. RIP

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Terrible news, the guy was a legendary actor. He was suffering from pancreatic cancer but his death is going to be tough, he is a true icon.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He did some great tv work too. I still vividly remember when he played Quentin Crisp in The Naked Civil Servant. And he was great as Caligula in I Claudius.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Rest in Peace John. An absolute giant of acting talent, my god we have lost some seriously gifted people in the last year.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
R.I.P

A down to earth bloke who came into the Elephants Head in Camden one Saturday night back in the late 90s while the pub was full of rockabillies with music blasting out, he hung around for several drinks chatting and laughing.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Played. Cricket with him in the late 70's for the Gentlemen of Hampstead CC, which was, in reality, the Flask pub which he lived two doors down from. A reasonable cricketer and an excellent drinker.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Gutted by this news. A real national treasure. Love him as Old Man Peanut in 44" Chest. RIP .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Really sad. I only watched '1984' for the first time last week as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here