Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If only!

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
With Newcastle at home the original fixture before we both progressed from 3rd round it got me wondering what the outcome would be if we were playing each other tomorrow? Both sides playing well but with Murray refreshed,Hamed hitting form, solid in defence. Home advantage I'm confident we would win but if course I'm bias.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
With Newcastle at home the original fixture before we both progressed from 3rd round it got me wondering what the outcome would be if we were playing each other tomorrow? Both sides playing well but with Murray refreshed,Hamed hitting form, solid in defence. Home advantage I'm confident we would win but if course I'm bias.

Probably no Baldock, Bruno and without a fully match-fit Kayal.

Think i'd take the rearrangement pending disaster.

Edit: Oh and there's always a chance we might actually sign someone pretty good between now and then???

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Probably no Baldock, Bruno and without a fully match-fit Kayal.

Think i'd take the rearrangement pending disaster.

Edit: Oh and there's always a chance we might actually sign someone pretty good between now and then???
Agreed. Much rather be playing them with Baldock to provide some pace up front.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm at work tomorrow. I'll be able to find a pub to watch it in on the rearranged date. Works for me.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I've had a fairly busy time at university but wanted to go to a game in Jan, for obvious reasons I wanted to see Newcastle but because of the rescheduling I went to Sheffield instead, can never really know what could've been but I'm satisfied that I got my money's worth!

Game wise...I think it could be either a tight newcastle win or a close draw. Hemed has done superbly and I reckon he could get one in but Newcastle would be a very tough game and our slightly more awkward defensive arrangement might have been an issue. Thankfully we've had an ok cup draws so I'd imagine Hughtons quite happy to go for the next round.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I still reckon Hemed and Murray could get hatfuls together. They have enough time in training to finely tune their game for each other.

Could? possibly be a different scenario now compared to the start of the season,back then perhaps Murray and Hemed were both jostling for a starting place and not really playing as a combined two,i know they are similar but i feel that this could be the case now...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here