Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which SPORT are you best at?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Me? Probably GOLF. Not that I am very good at it, just better than I am at any other sports these days. I can get around a course without embarrassing myself too much though, so long as it is nice and open and not too technical.

Used to be not bad at X-country mountain biking and competent at skiing too - but not done either for years and too afraid of breaking bones these days.

Probably cross country running but, like Monsieur Nylon, I never reached the highest of standards. In fact, I gave up when I first came to Brighton and got an invitation to go to training with a housemate who was himself a good runner. It was when I discovered that his training group included a couple of other runners who were well above average ... Brendan Foster and David Bedford ... that I came to the conclusion that I simply couldn't keep up.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Back in the day, football and snooker!! Played semi-pro footie and used to be able to regularly build breaks of 60 or so.
Now, long distance running (marathons) I'm not exactly 'good' at them but I complete them without dying so as a 48 year old I'll take that!!
I might still be 'OK' at snooker but I've not played in over 10 years, not sure why, just got bored with it.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Yacht racing.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
High altitude trekking if it's a sport and not a spiritual experience, man.
Up to 5k running from which point diminishing returns kick in.
Bit of road cycling and swimming.
Then adding the last three together for a bit of Tri Fun.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Magic darts (one for the old mailing listees).

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Haven't played for quite a few years now, but I was decent at basketball when I was at school/college. One of the only sports where I wasn't among the last to get picked.

The hand-eye coordination sports you tend to need to play on a semi-regular basis otherwise you tend to go rusty.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cricket.

Opening bowler, number 8 blocker.

Oh and horse riding I suppose, I'm a qualified riding instructor :lolol:

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was football, until snapped knee ligaments. Useful at badminton but too old now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Chess

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Used to be football, but obviously time has done me on that one. Now it's snowboarding. Whilst on the topic of sport, I'm particularly bad at squash, but I love it, such a great game. Thought it was weird when I was younger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here