Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Teixeira [Benfica - Nottingham Forest] Loan

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
On the BBC website today. Is this the guy who was with us on loan? I believe there are two footballers with the same name.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd still be happy to have our tex back on loan as competition for Baldock

Be ideal imo. Not sure why the club haven't pushed this through.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing as it looks like we are signing nobody at all and we have no idea how long Baldock is out, seems a no brainer to me if we could pull it off :shrug:

It really worries me that CH seems to think he can slot Murphy or March into the no 10 position. Both have been tried there and just got in everyone's way. Failed experiment imo.

Baldock needs to come back and stay fit for the next 18 games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really? Seems to be pushing into the Porto first team lately. Assist last weekend I heard with 15 mins on the field.

Easily good enough but maybe not fit enough.

Different league, different requirements. I thought they were looking to ship him out?

Ironically, I think he would be better in the PL rather than the Championship as more space in front of the back four.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Different league, different requirements. I thought they were looking to ship him out?

Ironically, I think he would be better in the PL rather than the Championship as more space in front of the back four.

Loan with a buy clause should we go up :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Seeing as it looks like we are signing nobody at all and we have no idea how long Baldock is out, seems a no brainer to me if we could pull it off :shrug:

It really worries me that CH seems to think he can slot Murphy or March into the no 10 position. Both have been tried there and just got in everyone's way. Failed experiment imo.

Baldock needs to come back and stay fit for the next 18 games.

I do know where you are coming from and tend to agree.

However, I really wasn't impressed with Tex, four perhaps five decent games. Given how poor the Hyypia side was he should have stood out a lot more imo.

As per my other post the PL could possibly work more than the championship for Tex.

All opinions. [emoji2]

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Doesn't look that way anymore, they were only looking for a potential loan anyway and they have recently sold Evandro to Hull I think and looking to sell Andre, who were both playing in the same position and he's been coming on regularly from the bench lately.

Could change with the return of Brahimi from AFCON and Otavio from injury but I do know they rate him very highly and they'd probably be no option to buy, unfortunately.

There seems to be this polarised opinion of 'should impress in a bad team' against 'hard to impress in a bad team'. I'm of the latter thinking especially for a creative player such as him, you could probably make a fairly lengthly highlights reel of assists onto Bent/COG/Best/CMS that were hit into the side netting. Let's not also forget his broken leg triggered that ridiculous baron spell at the tail end.

Chris was starting to get the best out of him.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Doesn't look that way anymore, they were only looking for a potential loan anyway and they have recently sold Evandro to Hull I think and looking to sell Andre, who were both playing in the same position and he's been coming on regularly from the bench lately.

Could change with the return of Brahimi from AFCON and Otavio from injury but I do know they rate him very highly and they'd probably be no option to buy, unfortunately.

There seems to be this polarised opinion of 'should impress in a bad team' against 'hard to impress in a bad team'. I'm of the latter thinking especially for a creative player such as him, you could probably make a fairly lengthly highlights reel of assists onto Bent/COG/Best/CMS that were hit into the side netting. Let's not also forget his broken leg triggered that ridiculous baron spell at the tail end.

Chris was starting to get the best out of him.

To be fair he didn't have a lot other choice at the time.

I think if he was that well thought of, we'd have made more effort to go after him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We probably did, but his agent (Jorge Mendes) got him a move to Porto. Unless you think we could have competed with that.

No evidence to that effect at all though (or that we didn't want him).

Liverpool are also quite shrewd, so there's that as well.

As I say unconvinced and if we do go up, we could probably do better.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I do know where you are coming from and tend to agree.

However, I really wasn't impressed with Tex, four perhaps five decent games. Given how poor the Hyypia side was he should have stood out a lot more imo.

As per my other post the PL could possibly work more than the championship for Tex.
Playing in a bloody good team (as opposed to being dumped into a complete shambles) could work better. If he was playing for us now, players would be making themselves available for passes, and even more significantly, they would be running into the spaces that Tex was wanting to push the ball into. Ideal cover (and maybe more) for Baldock.
He's not the only one, however - Keane would be good too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here